2021 HDMI 2.1 AVR New Product News Needed

T

Thrill Killer

Audioholic Intern
I was going to buy a new avr last year. Then the reports started coming in about how most of Model Year 2020 avr have a chipset that can't/won't do true 4K/120Hrz via HDMI 2.1 . And that the companies knew it. And also knew it couldn't be fixed via a Hotfix. Is that issue being fixed for 2021?

I'd like to buy a new avr this year. If anyone has info on this. Or, can point me in the right direction with a link or two. Would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I was going to buy a new avr last year. Then the reports started coming in about how most of Model Year 2020 avr have a chipset that can't/won't do true 4K/120Hrz via HDMI 2.1 . And that the companies knew it. And also knew it couldn't be fixed via a Hotfix. Is that issue being fixed for 2021?

I'd like to buy a new avr this year. If anyone has info on this. Or, can point me in the right direction with a link or two. Would be greatly appreciated.
research an avr company regarding their support for 4k/120hz via hdmi 2.1 in 2021?

i'm following yamaha and their support for 4k/120hz via hdmi 2.1

T

Thrill Killer

Audioholic Intern
research an avr company regarding their support for 4k/120hz via hdmi 2.1 in 2021?

i'm following yamaha and their support for 4k/120hz via hdmi 2.1

Thanks

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Look for the recent Yamaha AVENTAGE threads in the forums. Nice AVRs if within your budget. Some of the Denon and Marantz AVRs are mentioned in that thread as well.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
The issue is with some gaming devices and or DVD's with 4K/8K content, connected to your AVR w HDMI 2.1, That will produce a black screen............... That is the real issue???

For Denon's 2020 models, they have come out with a free HDMI Adapter Kit to solve this issue. Nice. I am one that is not into gaming or buy DVD's. My Denon 2020 model AVR, is a Okay

HDMI 2.1 Vs. 2.0: Upgrade Your TV Now Or Wait? | Screen Rant

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Do a web search for more info...
Certain sites have posted info Onkyo will be shipping their HDMI 2.1 AVRs in July/August. Note that Onkyo is using a different HDMI 2.1 processor and have more 2.1 ports than the 2020 Denon/Marantz HDMI 2.1 AVRs. However due to the acute, global shortage of semiconductors, most likely quantities will be limited initially...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis