2017-2019 D+M AVRs all channel preamp mode FW update?

FW update to add preamp mode to 2017/18/19 D+M AVRs - if available would you buy it?

• Have no use for it, but will consider it if cost is below $20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I cannot delete this thread but please ignore it because on double checking, I realize the existing 2017 through 2019 models likely do not have enough switches to implement a full all channel amp disconnection. The existing switches are wired to implement the existing amp assign functions, so while it should be able to disconnect the already affected FL, FR, SBL, SBR, and the height channels via FW update, but to disconnect the SL, SR and C channels, additional switches will be needed.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heck I'm still wondering what's connected or not if I set my 4520 to pre-amp mode only.....but since I don't use that mode it's not something that really matters to me....but does make me wonder just how many models could be affected by firmware alone. I suppose a nominal fee might be something I'd be willing to pay if I ever wanted to take advantage of such....but since it's not audible to me, meh.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Heck I'm still wondering what's connected or not if I set my 4520 to pre-amp mode only.....but since I don't use that mode it's not something that really matters to me....but does make me wonder just how many models could be affected by firmware alone. I suppose a nominal fee might be something I'd be willing to pay if I ever wanted to take advantage of such....but since it's not audible to me, meh.
The 4520 does disconnect all channels in preamp mode. Again, it does not remove power to them, but disconnect the pre-out connections to their inputs thereby immune to the distortions being fed back from the power amps (if and when they clip).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The 4520 does disconnect all channels in preamp mode. Again, it does not remove power to them, but disconnect the pre-out connections to their inputs thereby immune to the distortions being fed back from the power amps (if and when they clip).
So do you think the other older models from back as far as mine, that aren't already setup that way, would also be able to benefit from such a firmware update?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis