2010: The Year AACS and HDMI Kill Off Component Video

J

JKah

Audiophyte
Give them their own medicine

We need to send some Hollywood Executives who came up with this idea to jail for 5 years and fine them $250,000,000, then they will learn to stop this ridiculous insulting of their customers. Other laws need to be passed to prevent Hollywood from forcing people to sit through the 5-year jail notice, the FBI notice, or the Interpol notice. Hollywood should be fined for any infringement, and should be required to replace all existing discs with free new ones that do not have these impediments to enjoying entertainment, which hasn't existed since the days of VHS and LaserDisc.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
We need to send some Hollywood Executives who came up with this idea to jail for 5 years and fine them $250,000,000, then they will learn to stop this ridiculous insulting of their customers. Other laws need to be passed to prevent Hollywood from forcing people to sit through the 5-year jail notice, the FBI notice, or the Interpol notice. Hollywood should be fined for any infringement, and should be required to replace all existing discs with free new ones that do not have these impediments to enjoying entertainment, which hasn't existed since the days of VHS and LaserDisc.
Quite the necrobump!

If you want to use component, then get a Oppo BDP-93 or an older BD player. My PS3 still uses component video outputs, and you can buy media players and use cable boxes which support it as well.

For the 'typical' user, HDMI is a no-brainer that works extremely well. I'm not in agreement with the decisions by corporations to drop analog support, but there is enough product out there which continues to support analog that I am not feeling overly encumbered by such restrictions even two years later.

I figure in another couple of years HDMI matrix switchers will be in line with price where I need them to be and I will be ready to go that route for my home A/V distribution.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis