2008 CES Show Coverage!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The 2008 CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is around the corner and Audioholics is once again poised to provide unparalleled coverage of the Las Vegas event. We've been covering the show since 2004 and have quickly become the premier source for the latest product and show info. It occurred to us that this is the first time we've covered the CES show since we updated the site last year. As a result, there are now several different ways to get your CES "fix" and ensure that you are the most knowledgeable person in your neck of the woods.

Discuss "2008 CES Show Coverage Begins in 3 Days!" here. Read the article.

This is now the Official 2008 CES thread, so if you have something you want us to look at, please post it here. Be aware, however, that we can only visit manufacturers who are actually on the show floor. Going off-site is something that takes too much time away from the main show. The Venetian is the exception as this is a single (official) location with all of the high-end gear - we'll be there with bells on.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Please check in with Samsung and ask them if they are going to fix the audio issuses with the new BD-UP5000 and if so, when. It does not do MA and only sends out 2 channel on Dobly True.:( They also have video issues with some discs. Also see if there are any new duo players coming out from any other folks in the near future.

Please check Optoma and others to see what's in store for new, lower priced 3 chip DLP pjs;) If they don't do something, LCD is going to kill them.

Thanks!!! We appreciate all your hard work!!!

E

erick.s

Junior Audioholic
I'm interested in as much new projector info you can get - new models coming soon, viewing impressions of what's out currently, etc.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Please post back with larger sizes of Plasma's if you come across any, mainly from Panasonic, or Pioneer... Larger then their largest sizes.

If you could inquire to them about whether or not they will be going larger then their normal lines would be awesome... :)

Matt34

Matt34

Please post back with larger sizes of Plasma's if you come across any, mainly from Panasonic, or Pioneer... Larger then their largest sizes.

If you could inquire to them about whether or not they will be going larger then their normal lines would be awesome... :)
Something bigger than 71"?

M

mattburk

Audioholic Intern
I am interested in:
1. An HD/BR Universal player
2. Separate processors from Marantz & parasound
3. Affordable 7 channel class D amp 250watts plus

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I want to know about the upcoming XBOX 360 Ultimate, will it include Wi-Fi and a built in HD DVD drive, as well as have a 320 gig hard drive. I want to know if it will decode DTS-HD MA and TrueHD internally, or output it as bitstream.

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Also, if you could find out from someone at Sony if they plan to give the PS3 DTS-HD MA decoding capability soon.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I saw on the agenda that HD-DVD is having an invitation only meeting tonight. Not sure if any of you got an invitation, but try to hang out around the room and see what they say after the Warner announcement if you can.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Could you check out the Logitech Harmony One?

1tribeca

Audioholic
An update on any OLED progress would be cool (and probably on your "list of things to do" already)

annunaki

annunaki

Any wind of SED displays would be intiguing.

High power digital amplification news would be nice.

Updates from Pioneer and Panasonic on their plasmas is welcome.

Any Updates from:

JL Audio

SVS

TC-Sounds/Audiopulse

Velodyne

B&W Speakers

Athena/Energy

Pinnacle Speakers

Onkyo

Denon

Marantz

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Great recap Gene, sounds like you guys had fun... and a lot of work.

I didn't know you could get a 30" pizza?!? When in Vegas I suppose.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Something bigger than 71"?
70" will do... :D

Its just that they make all these big *** rediculus size stuff, but don't mass market sizes bigger then normal... 65" is the biggest by Panasonic...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis