$200 Range DVD Player-Any Suggestions!?!

Z

zacharyt

Enthusiast
I just returned a Toshiba SD5970 after a HUGE letdown in the quality of the picture. I figured with up conversion and an HDMI connection it would be pretty good, but my $30.00 Wal-Mart DVD player puts out a better picture!!

Now I am in the market for another DVD player in the $200.00 range (plus or minus $50.00). After doing some online research, I have gathered that the Harmon Kardon DVD22 and the Denon 1910 are good choices. Can anyone out there offer up any recommendations or input or suggestions?

I am running a Sony 51” KP51WS520 HDTV and a Yamaha HTR5730 Receiver. I don’t listen to music with this equipment, it is strictly a home theater setup, so I am not sure if SACD and DVD Audio is something I need to consider either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Zach

Last edited:
O

outsider

Audioholic
I once looked into an older version of the Denon. It's a nice player. Very good picture quality.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I own the HK DVD101 and a friend just got the 31. They're both fantastic players. The main draw for me was the Wolfson DACs. I use it as a CD player and they do a GREAT job with CDs.

Z

zacharyt

Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the HK has the Faroudla Chip or any kind of upconverting?

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Circuit City has the Samusung DVD-HD841 for around $179 on sale. It has HD upconversion and supports SACD, DVD audio, and MP3

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis