2 TVs connected to yamaha avr

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

I recently bought 27 inch monitor to watch movies from short distance. But then got a doubt that 27 inch might be not enough. So today I bought 40 inch 4k TV. Need to choose between these 2.

I would like to connect them both to my yamaha avr using hdmi cables. Yamaha avr hasv2 hdmi outputs (one of them for zone 2). I tried connect to both outputs one at a time. It worked without any re configuration. Can I try both at once? Will it work? Is it safe for avr?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't see what harm it could do to the avr....and if it indeed has the capability of both output simultaneously (what does the manual say?).....

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I can't see what harm it could do to the avr....and if it indeed has the capability of both output simultaneously (what does the manual say?).....
I am not 100% sure. It says first ot is ARC and second is for zone 2. Dont know if i can use them at the same time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am not 100% sure. It says first ot is ARC and second is for zone 2. Dont know if i can use them at the same time.
Either it's limited by zone or not....one way to find out :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would keep the larger TV unless you don’t watch TV often in that room.

My TVs are 39 bedroom,54 living room, &65 in the Den.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I would keep the larger TV unless you don’t watch TV often in that room.

My TVs are 39 bedroom,54 living room, &65 in the Den.
Fair enough. In my case from 5 feet 40 inch tv is like in cinema. Defenitly better than 27 inch.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Checked last night. Both monitor ant tv worked at the same time. Though monitor was a bit sharper, overal I liked Panasonic gx800b more. So Acer h277hk is going back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis