K

krb813

Audiophyte
I have a Yamaha RX-A3080 which has a 2-prong AC outlet on it. I have an audiophile 3-prong power cord from an old setup. Can use that power cord with the 3080?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yes you can. Don't multiply threads for the same topic, please.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not that there is such a thing as an audiophile power cord....

C

Chocolatey MidsFan

Enthusiast
Does the "Audiophile" power cord supposed to make the mid-range more Chocolatey ? If it does let us know. I'll have to get one if it does.;):rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Yamaha RX-A3080 which has a 2-prong AC outlet on it. I have an audiophile 3-prong power cord from an old setup. Can use that power cord with the 3080?
There's no real reason to do this. Nothing else will have changed, neither will the signal getting to the power supply which, BTW, filters out everything on the signal from the grid. Sell the power cord and get what you can. If you believe the hype about power cords, you're ignoring the whole grid, the wiring and all of the electrical parts between the pole and your equipment. It all matters, or none of it matters- changing one or two pieces can't make a demonstrable difference unless the part(s) replaced can be proved faulty or simply making a connection causes some kind of improvement in the contact between the wires and part(s).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis