2 or 2.1 Channel setup Speakers

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Philharmonic Audio BMR Monitors or BMR Towers.

I move around my room all the time and while I can detect some improvement in overall refinement in the sweet spot, they also sound very good while standing at my desk in the back corner of the room. Moreover, they pass another test: they sound just as good outside the room as they do inside. (Yes, of course there are some changes, however they sound completely clear and even dialogue is intelligible when I'm in the living room!)

There are many ways to look at this, but I do agree with wider dispersion speakers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

I move around my room all the time and while I can detect some improvement in overall refinement in the sweet spot, they also sound very good while standing at my desk in the back corner of the room. Moreover, they pass another test: they sound just as good outside the room as they do inside. (Yes, of course there are some changes, however they sound completely clear and even dialogue is intelligible when I'm in the living room!)

There are many ways to look at this, but I do agree with wider dispersion speakers.
Those are really good tests of a speaker, especially if they can maintain speech clarity in another room or level of the home. So I have good reason to believe those BMR speakers are correctly designed. So that is the behavior of good designs.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Last we heard the BMR Tower cabinets are still on a boat waiting clearance for the U.S. Hopefully Dennis will provide an update when they arrive and the first ones get assembled. That's another brand I would drive to to demo.

The $4k price point came up at ASR in April. The Revel Performa received several nods and the two BMRs are pictured on the first page.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The boat left China and is currently in Japan... presumably LA is next where they will depart to Maryland for final assembly. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis