N

noob0804

Enthusiast
Hello all -
I bought a MyCloud NAS a few years ago when it supported DLNA. I have a lot of music in it, but my WiiM Pro doesn't see it because of the lack of DLNA. My question is if I can add a Synology DLNA NAS to my network (ethernet cable to the switch) to have my music visible from the NAS to the streamer. I'd keep the MyCloud for home/office/backup and use the Synology for media only. Would that work? I hope this is the correct forum. Thanks for your help. Every time I ask a question to the Audioholics I get all the information I need (and then some) :).

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Have you looked into using Twonky on the EX2?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
My own WD device still works using DLNA. I know some used Twonky on other WD devices but I never had to try to use it. Some also used Plex.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hello all -
I bought a MyCloud NAS a few years ago when it supported DLNA. I have a lot of music in it, but my WiiM Pro doesn't see it because of the lack of DLNA. My question is if I can add a Synology DLNA NAS to my network (ethernet cable to the switch) to have my music visible from the NAS to the streamer. I'd keep the MyCloud for home/office/backup and use the Synology for media only. Would that work? I hope this is the correct forum. Thanks for your help. Every time I ask a question to the Audioholics I get all the information I need (and then some) :).
Can you roll back to a prior OS release on the WD?

N

noob0804

Enthusiast
Unfortunately WD forces the OS updates on the users without an option to opt out

N

noob0804

Enthusiast
Other than the lack of DLNA the WD NAS has worked perfectly for our home office needs. My wife is not interested in streaming from the NAS, or from anywhere for that matter, so it’s only my dilemma…

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks to all. I finally figured out how to do this.
This is my favorite type of comment. Dear OP, There is no need to post at least some details on how you resolved the issue. I'm certain no one else would ever run into the same or similar issue.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is my favorite type of comment. Dear OP, There is no need to post at least some details on how you resolved the issue. I'm certain no one else would ever run into the same or similar issue.
Yep. It's the best. You spend hours researching an issue only for the end to be...this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis