2 good speakers for TV?

F

FoxAdriano

Junior Audioholic
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying 2 Elac DEBUT 2.0 B6.2 for my large TV. I like documentaries and I would like to listen well to the music but above all to the narrative voice. I know these two speakers are very good for their cost, but I don't know if they are geared for TV. I have an Onkyo amplifier . In your opinion, there are better speakers for TV, especially for listening to documentaries.
Thank you

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying 2 Elac DEBUT 2.0 B6.2 for my large TV. I like documentaries and I would like to listen well to the music but above all to the narrative voice. I know these two speakers are very good for their cost, but I don't know if they are geared for TV. I have an Onkyo amplifier . In your opinion, there are better speakers for TV, especially for listening to documentaries.
Thank you
ELAC is a fairly well respected brand. It's been a while since I looked at their Speakers, but as I recall they are fairly neutral (having no unwanted coloration like elevated highs or whatnot).

I would expect they would render voices well, and for most listening needs be quite satisfactory.

IIRC, they do not necessarily get loud, so if you are interested in reliving your favorite ear-splitting cinema escapades or ACDC concerts, these might not be for you. :)
That said, the addition of even a modest subwoofer can take some load off the speakers and help them out in many respects. But this is another topic all together and not necessarily required considering TV Speakers are pretty horrible and these would be a significant improvement.

Make certain Impedance of Speaker isn't too low for your AVR... but otherwise you are probably good. :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did I just read a thread somewhere about you using these to edit/listen to documentaries particularly? Many speakers do well with replicating voices, personally not familiar with those Elacs (but think the DBR62 often gets a very good nod). What Onkyo do you have?

F

FoxAdriano

Junior Audioholic
Ho un old Onkyo TX-NR545
Can you tell me if the 2 speaker cables have to be the same length or can the speaker near the amplifier have a shorter cable? Thank you

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Speaker cables should be cut to length with enough slack to facilitate accessing equipment. Cables do not need to be the same length.

unless you are talking 5' and 50'... then you may have a concern. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis