2 Front and Center speaker opinions needed.

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
I have the Yammie RXV-1400 and am thinking of buying a set of fronts and center. Dont want to pay a whole lot now, cause Im going to build an entertainment room possibly in the summer. That is when I will buy more high end eq.

Id appreciate any thoughts the speakers.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
If you don't want to spend alot now, here is what I would do. Decide on what (main) speakers you like the best. Then, buy your rears in the same line for now. Use as mains to get you by. Next, get the matching center. Then, move the mains to the rear when you are ready to buy the most important part. The mains you liked in the beginning. This way you will not be throwing away money on speakers you will not need.

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
If you don't want to spend alot now, here is what I would do. Decide on what (main) speakers you like the best. Then, buy your rears in the same line for now. Use as mains to get you by. Next, get the matching center. Then, move the mains to the rear when you are ready to buy the most important part. The mains you liked in the beginning. This way you will not be throwing away money on speakers you will not need.
That might not be a bad idea. All I have to do is get the wifey to go along with it. :)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Just tell her you are doing this so you can spend more quality time with her. This way y'all can enjoy each other while watching action, oops, I mean romantic movies. :D

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
Just tell her you are doing this so you can spend more quality time with her. This way y'all can enjoy each other while watching action, oops, I mean romantic movies. :D
Perfect, they always fall for that ;)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Oops! My wife just read this. Good thing the internet site I purchased audio from has a strict return policy! :D

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
Oops! My wife just read this. Good thing the internet site I purchased audio from has a strict return policy! :D
Good luck getting out of that one :eek:

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
I have seen you post these speakers before. Have you heard them? Do you use them? They look good, but do they sound good? :)
Yes, I heard of Rocket posted on this site before and have really good things about them. Havent heard them in person though.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
zumbo said:
I have seen you post these speakers before. Have you heard them? Do you use them? They look good, but do they sound good? :)
I only recently became aware of them, first on some posts here, then when a friend bought one of their small set-ups. It's as good as you can find at the price and they sure seems to have a dedicated group in here who swear by them.

I don't personally have a set. My own HT uses Infinity Alpha's which are good but pretty hard to find anymore.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis