2 10" subs v 1 12" sub

S

Stevea2008

Audioholic Intern
I have 1 polk audio psw10 and am looking at getting a second one. Either that or replace the subwoofer with a Klipsch 12" 400 Watts Wireless Subwoofer. Would the 2 10s sound better then the 1 12? I know the 2 10s would not be able to hit as low as the 1 12.

S

Stevea2008

Audioholic Intern
I have a Pioneer VSX 523 reciever with 1 preout. Could I split the preout into 2 with a 3 Y cable configuration? 1 Y from the receiver, 1 Y to the left and 1 Y to the right sub. Thoughts?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have 1 polk audio psw10 and am looking at getting a second one. Either that or replace the subwoofer with a Klipsch 12" 400 Watts Wireless Subwoofer. Would the 2 10s sound better then the 1 12? I know the 2 10s would not be able to hit as low as the 1 12.
Have you considered saving up for a better sub all around? Also it's hard to say if the 12 will be better without a model number, wattage is irrelevant.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have a Pioneer VSX 523 reciever with 1 preout. Could I split the preout into 2 with a 3 Y cable configuration? 1 Y from the receiver, 1 Y to the left and 1 Y to the right sub. Thoughts?
Yes you can split the output with y splitter.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The klipsch is a (R-12SWi). I'm not looking to spend 1,000 on a subwoofer.
What about $600? Also untill you spend a bit more you're not getting the excitement of HT. Two 10s will give more even bass throughout the room, the 12 will go lower.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This would be a better upgrade without knowing more about your room

S

Stevea2008

Audioholic Intern
What about $600? Also untill you spend a bit more you're not getting the excitement of HT. Two 10s will give more even bass throughout the room, the 12 will go lower.
The Klipsch is 550 but it's on sale rn on Amazon for 300. My goal is to get more boom out of movies/music. The Hz rating on the 10s is 80Hz and 12 is rated to 40Hz. Sounds like doing the 2 10s will provide that better than the 1 12.

S

Stevea2008

Audioholic Intern
This would be a better upgrade without knowing more about your room
The setup is in the basement. The room size is roughly 30x30x8

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The Klipsch is 550 but it's on sale rn on Amazon for 300. My goal is to get more boom out of movies/music. The Hz rating on the 10s is 80Hz and 12 is rated to 40Hz. Sounds like doing the 2 10s will provide that better than the 1 12.
Two 10s will just smooth the sound out, not give more boom. The sub I linked and the model below it would be my choice over either polk, Klipsch solutions. With the exception of a couple of Klipsch subs, the are men. Polk the same. Retail subs in the lower price points don't do very well on the whole.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the input, I'll keep shopping around.
In the budget range the HSU @549 is a huge value with high performance. Others in the under $600

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12F.html

While they last

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I learned of the VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer from this forum and boy howdy is it great. Prior to getting this sub, I had no idea my HT in my living room could sound so wonderful.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what you're looking at for ratings/spec but even a Polk 10 should be rated better than 80 Hz, their PSW 10 even is rated for 3dB points at each end of 40 Hz - 160 Hz the Klipsch R-12SWi is rated +/- 3dB 29Hz - 120Hz. Is that the Polk 10 you have? I'd also move on from the Polk and pass on the Klipsch as has been mentioned.

S

Stevea2008

Audioholic Intern
Does anybody know where I can find a MCACC mic for my Pioneer VSX 523? Could I use a microphone instead?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis