Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Hello all, I’ve been out of the loop on the audio tip for over a year now. I am in the market for a new AVR and I am looking for suggestions. I am purchasing a 83” LG C1 OLED tomorrow and run a 7.2 set up. I game 70% of the time and movies 30%. I will be powering all my speakers through the AVR and have 2 PB3000 subs. I play both Xbox-X and PS5, so I need to have harmony with my AVR, TVs, and these consoles.

I know the older SU AVRs had major 2.1 issues. My understanding is the new Yamahas solved that, but it looks like they are waiting on a firmware update for 4k/120. Any advice on the AVR to purchase or how to handle this situation is greatly appreciated.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
The latest Denon AVR's offer 3 HDMI 2.1 inputs and should work fine. I had great success with the Onkyo TX-RZ50 but if you are staying behind and avoiding Atmos audio then the new Denon's should be adequate.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
So are we talking like the 3700H or 6700h? They are good to go with the 2.1 issues? I appreciate the response.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Think only the low end Denons will have 3 HDMI 2.1 inputs for now. Not sure when the upper end models will come out with more than 1 input.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Also the upper model Denons originally needed an adaptor for the single HDMI 2.1 port to work with Xbox. Not sure if newer models have corrected the hdmi boards to eliminate the adapter box.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I too was looking to future proof my purchase of an AVR that had 2.1. I waited and waited and waited for the chip issue to resolve. In the meantime, it is looking less likely that there will be any 8k format to push to an 8k TV. Sort of like the TV industry drummed it up to sell new TVs but the content merchants were still struggling with getting 4k out the door. And when there is, if ever 8k, you can just connect it straight to the TV from your new Apple TV 8k and send your atmos sound back to the AVR using eARC. So I will redirect my lust for upgrading to speakers or external amps or…….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I too was looking to future proof my purchase of an AVR that had 2.1. I waited and waited and waited for the chip issue to resolve. In the meantime, it is looking less likely that there will be any 8k format to push to an 8k TV. Sort of like the TV industry drummed it up to sell new TVs but the content merchants were still struggling with getting 4k out the door. And when there is, if ever 8k, you can just connect it straight to the TV from your new Apple TV 8k and send your atmos sound back to the AVR using eARC. So I will redirect my lust for upgrading to speakers or external amps or…….

I’m more interested in it for the 4k/120hz frame rate. They need the 2.1 to work properly in order to do that on the new game systems. What a poop show it is right now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m more interested in it for the 4k/120hz frame rate. They need the 2.1 to work properly in order to do that on the new game systems. What a poop show it is right now.
Be nice if the consoles had separate hdmi outputs for audio/video?

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
The TV is being delivered tomorrow. Haven’t purchased and AVR yet. I guess I can just run the console to the tv directly and then run the audio to the AVR through a toslink. That should work correct?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
The TV is being delivered tomorrow. Haven’t purchased and AVR yet. I guess I can just run the console to the tv directly and then run the audio to the AVR through a toslink. That should work correct?
Yes, but you could also use eARC which would transfer metadata for atmos as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis