1st post! Anyone know if the Denon S301 is a decent all in one?

tmg4p

tmg4p

Audiophyte
I will soon be upgrading to HDTV and am thinking about dumping my old "home theatre in a box" I purchased in college for the Denon S301 package.

I have limited space and a 11 month old, so I like the idea of the Denon all in one. I'll be hooking it up to theTV with the HDMI connection. Plus the Denon has a port for MP3 players, which is a bonus for music during parties.

Am I making a good choice here? Cost for the Denon is around $1550. Any pros/cons/alternatives are much appreciated.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Denon all in one

The denon all in one is a much better option than a Bose type all in one system. I think the model you mentioned includes a built in DVD equivalent to their 1910 model.

That being said. A seperates solution would be much more flexible for upgrading to a full 5.1 or 7.1 HT. Here is one example of a 2.1 sepaerates system that would give you the ability to upgrade assuming your $1,500 budget:

Yamaha RX-V1500 $500
Axiom M22ti Fronts $440
HSU STF-2 $400
DVD Player $1-200

tmg4p

tmg4p

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out those pieces and read some reviews. And I haven't visited a local high end store yet to get more opinions than the $8/hr best buy guy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis