cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Anything at McDonalds is over priced for what ya get. I would rather just buy some 80/20 and grill it myself.;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The local Metro Market-branded Kroger stores here have Culver's coupons on the back of the receipt- if I use the $2 off and senior discount, I can get a mushroom-Swiss burger, battered O-rings and large drink for less than $7, including tax. I can't imagine picking McD's over that.
Not familiar with Culver's, but I moved from the midwest over 50 years ago....making me hungry thinking about a mushroom cheese burger with the rings, tho....

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Last time I went to A&W, it was bad but overall, their stuff has been decent over many decades. I'll go to Culvers occasionally, or Kopps- both are better AND cheaper than McDonalds. I live within about 2-1/2 miles of all three and if I'm out but not heading to home, I might pick one that doesn't have golden arches (one is across the street from Kopps) or I can go to Cousin's, Jimmy John's, etc. Arby's is too salty for me.
Wow! WOW! You are the luckiest person on earth, being close to Kopps. Us and the kids went there in 70's and they would split the burger. They had a Kopps on Capital Drive, back in the day. Their Custard was the best too. 15 years ago, my wife and revisited our growing up old neighborhood, Whitefish Bay, and there was a Kopps. There used to be a famous drive in burger place in Kenosha.

I think it was 10 years ago we made another trip to Kopps, near South Ridge Mall. It was still good with fries and a MALT, sitting in the car parking lot. Happy you mentioned it as we need to make another day trip. lol

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow! WOW! You are the luckiest person on earth, being close to Kopps. Us and the kids went there in 70's and they would split the burger. They had a Kopps on Capital Drive, back in the day. Their Custard was the best too. 15 years ago, my wife and revisited our growing up old neighborhood, Whitefish Bay, and there was a Kopps. There used to be a famous drive in burger place in Kenosha.

I think it was 10 years ago we made another trip to Kopps, near South Ridge Mall. It was still good with fries and a MALT, sitting in the car parking lot. Happy you mentioned it as we need to make another day trip. lol
If you're in Mdaison, you could go to the one in Brookfield, on Bluemound Rd, West of Calhoun Rd.

Karl Kopp still goes to and works at each store every week, AFAIK, and that includes working at the counter to take/hand out orders and work the registers.

You grew up in WFB? Dominican or WFB High School? Remember the stereo store at Bayshore? I worked there for ten years.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not familiar with Culver's, but I moved from the midwest over 50 years ago....making me hungry thinking about a mushroom cheese burger with the rings, tho....
I have seen YT videos of Best Burger Chain showing Culvers at or near the top, many times. Always fresh, made to order- they're always making the burger patties, but the final product doesn't sit on a shelf. They don't overfill the cup with ice, either- I don't remember being asked or seeing ANY ice when I got mine and the meals come with a large drink, not 12oz.

I went out for dinner with some friends last night and they have a 'Burger Of The Month'- price shown was 'MKT'. When have you ever seen market pricing for a burger? Lobster or pricey fish, but a burger? One couple shared their entree and asked for extra Parmesan- it was thin strips and they said it was good, but it wasn't free. I thought it was very petty to charge fifty cents when the check totaled more than $150.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis