highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This 'sandwich' looks like one of the worst examples of what people eat- why would anyone want it?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
We go to our local A&W vs McDonalds and the like. Wife and I, that is. Even with the tip, it's a little cheaper. lol Meat/beef at the Grocery Store has skyrocketed, too. We live south of Madison WI. How about cheese and crackers??? lol

highfigh

highfigh

There's no accounting for taste? ;)
I don't understand it- the last time I had McDonalds, it was 1/4 lb with cheese meal and that cost almost ten bucks and I felt like crap after eating it. For $18, I can go to an all you can eat Suchi place that has a lot of other entrees which are cooked.

highfigh

highfigh

We go to our local A&W vs McDonalds and the like. Wife and I, that is. Even with the tip, it's a little cheaper. lol Meat/beef at the Grocery Store has skyrocketed, too. We live south of Madison WI. How about cheese and crackers??? lol
Last time I went to A&W, it was bad but overall, their stuff has been decent over many decades. I'll go to Culvers occasionally, or Kopps- both are better AND cheaper than McDonalds. I live within about 2-1/2 miles of all three and if I'm out but not heading to home, I might pick one that doesn't have golden arches (one is across the street from Kopps) or I can go to Cousin's, Jimmy John's, etc. Arby's is too salty for me.

O

Oddball

Audioholic Intern
This 'sandwich' looks like one of the worst examples of what people eat- why would anyone want it?

Very true. But can tell you that my kids won't go for burgers anywhere else. Despite having 3 rooms full of real toys, they fall for the Happy meal and 10 min of joy they get from a new crappy toy they get. Will that stick with them as adults? Not sure, will try to shake it off, but as of now (8 and 11) they are fully hooked on it, just like the Big Mac wanted :eek:.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very true. But can tell you that my kids won't go for burgers anywhere else. Despite having 3 rooms full of real toys, they fall for the Happy meal and 10 min of joy they get from a new crappy toy they get. Will that stick with them as adults? Not sure, will try to shake it off, but as of now (8 and 11) they are fully hooked on it, just like the Big Mac wanted :eek:.
Yep. It is a good money making model for them. My kids didn't want the food, just the toy. I go to McDs once or twice a year now that they are not kids anymore. With current prices, even less reason to go. Here in Ca. with minimum wage just bumped to $20/hr, prices are even higher.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here in Ca. with minimum wage just bumped to $20/hr, prices are even higher.
Don’t they know that it just makes everything else cost MORE!!!!! And what about the shift lead who’s worked there for 5 years just to get up to 24 bucks an hour? That’s a screw…

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Don’t they know that it just makes everything else cost MORE!!!!! And what about the shift lead who’s worked there for 5 years just to get up to 24 bucks an hour? That’s a screw…
Nobody should work in fast food for 5 years. You should be fed up with it by then lol. With $20/hr they are also cutting hours, so the net is still that they don't make enough that they can survive on that job alone.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Bagged lunch. Home for dinner. Problem solved.:cool:

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Nobody should work in fast food for 5 years. You should be fed up with it by then lol. With $20/hr they are also cutting hours, so the net is still that they don't make enough that they can survive on that job alone.
My first job was the min wage of $3.35 in 1980, which inflation adjusted is $12.77 today. I read articles about people complaining people make this much. Most states today are paying around $7.50. It's $12-ish by me, slightly behind what I made adjusted, which many people complain that they're paid so much.

At least McD's offers some beny's if you work over so many hours.

BTW, what's a Big Mac?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My first job was the min wage of $3.35 in 1980, which inflation adjusted is $12.77 today. I read articles about people complaining people make this much. Most states today are paying around $7.50. It's $12-ish by me, slightly behind what I made adjusted, which many people complain that they're paid so much.

BTW, what's a Big Mac?
Most retail and fast food won't give basic workers 32hrs so as to avoid giving them benefits now. That's what I mean when I say cutting hours: they hire more people but give them all less shifts so they don't qualify for benefits = less cost for the company.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Trying to remember the last time I had a Big Mac....40 years or so? Disgusting "burger". Definitely not worth premium pricing.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Most retail and fast food won't give basic workers 32hrs so as to avoid giving them benefits now. That's what I mean when I say cutting hours: they hire more people but give them all less shifts so they don't qualify for benefits = less cost for the company.
Around here, it was so bad post covid there were fast food places that only opened for lunch. Like the Sonic near me. It was actually closed for quite a while. McD's was always open regular hours, but they were paying $18/hour and offering benefits to do so. Now they're back to the lower min wage.

I suppose a positive takeaway, even though they're skirting paying benefits:(, is people have gone back to work.

I think the last time I went to a McD was when I was starving late at night driving through Pueblo 15 or so years ago. Ended up regretting it.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

BTW, what's a Big Mac?
Should have gotten that job a year earlier- $3.35 was like >$14/hour.

I just checked that wage through all years in the 1970s- holy crackers! Inflation was insane and I saw that as a 15 year old in 1972, my $2.50/hr part time job would be similar to almost $19/hr now!

highfigh

highfigh

Trying to remember the last time I had a Big Mac....40 years or so? Disgusting "burger". Definitely not worth premium pricing.
The local Metro Market-branded Kroger stores here have Culver's coupons on the back of the receipt- if I use the $2 off and senior discount, I can get a mushroom-Swiss burger, battered O-rings and large drink for less than $7, including tax. I can't imagine picking McD's over that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis