16k (15.3) and micro led ? Amazing

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Will the consumer ever be able to keep up with the endless resolution jumps ?
The good news is new led and oled technology, the bad news modern 8k display are not future proof . Not that we can tell a difference on home screen sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Lol. Yes that will be decades off. Only 35% of households in 2019 have 4K tvs! It's still a minority of people, most people are still at 1080p or below. People are still catching up to 4k haha
Yea, unless your tv is the size of a bus it wont matter in a normal home tv. But it looks cool

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Lol. Yes that will be decades off. Only 35% of households in 2019 have 4K tvs! It's still a minority of people, most people are still at 1080p or below. People are still catching up to 4k haha
Yea, unless your tv is the size of a bus it wont matter in a normal home tv. But it looks cool
Our home 4k is not true uhd it’s 3840 , compared to 4096 or whatever cinema has .
Will main broadcasting ever go above 1080p?? within next 3-6 years ???

At the rate technology is updated and getting more advanced, most people won’t have jobs in decades . 8k is already out 16k cannot be more then 7 years away .
They should go back to those fat tube tv just make them slimmer they didn’t get lines in screen like a dying led panel .

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Yes, broadcast TV is going to 4K sometime next year.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, broadcast TV is going to 4K sometime next year.
Yeah but why is it it not exactly 4000 pixels and 8k is 7680 so we are being sold a lesser product the advertising.
Is 4£k really better then 1080p ? How can we know until everything is 4k

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They should go back to those fat tube tv just make them slimmer they didn’t get lines in screen like a dying led panel .

Yeah, you clearly do not understand how CRT technology works! Read up on it, you will never get a slim CRT.

From wiki: A CRT is constructed from a glass envelope which is large, deep (i.e., long from front screen face to rear end), fairly heavy, and relatively fragile

There were a few advantages of CRT! The most important to me is the "light gun games" that work on CRT due to the native CRT tech, but WILL NOT work on modern LCD/PLASMA/OLED panels. There are also some science lab applications that still rely on CRT or CRT-like technology!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Most consumers are never going to have colossal screens. I finally jumped in and picked up a 65" 4k qled tv at an after xmas sale. The reality is the biggest jump is the HDR. Switching back and forth between 1080 and 4k I'm hard pressed to tell a significant difference. OTH, turning off HDR makes a very noticeable difference in picture quality in both 1080 or 4k mode.

Also, don't know how old you are, but there was a time when everyone was worried about the same thing with personal computers. Eventually the performance exceeded what the overwhelming majority of people need and people started owning their computers for a lot longer time. I really haven't seen a need upgrade my pc in a long long time. Though, I could probably use a little bump in performance for photoshop and my new dslr:) Even so, it could just be the software isn't taking advantage of all the cores (yet). Ergo, an upgraded pc may only make a small difference.

I'm curious what new tricks 8k or 16k will have beyond resolution gain?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Most consumers are never going to have colossal screens. I finally jumped in and picked up a 65" 4k qled tv at an after xmas sale. The reality is the biggest jump is the HDR. Switching back and forth between 1080 and 4k I'm hard pressed to tell a significant difference. OTH, turning off HDR makes a very noticeable difference in picture quality in both 1080 or 4k mode.

Also, don't know how old you are, but there was a time when everyone was worried about the same thing with personal computers. Eventually the performance exceeded what the overwhelming majority of people need and people started owning their computers for a lot longer time. I really haven't seen a need upgrade my pc in a long long time. Though, I could probably use a little bump in performance for photoshop and my new dslr:) Even so, it could just be the software isn't taking advantage of all the cores (yet). Ergo, an upgraded pc may only make a small difference.

I'm curious what new tricks 8k or 16k will have beyond resolution gain?
I have a hard time calling 65" "colossal" ;)

I would say that 65" is "getting there", and something less is "maybe adequate".

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Yeah but why is it it not exactly 4000 pixels and 8k is 7680 so we are being sold a lesser product the advertising.
Is 4£k really better then 1080p ? How can we know until everything is 4k

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them
Dude, your hung up on the numbers. Here's some math, it's 2160p lines across the TV, that's 4.5 times more than 480p. If anything it's more than 4 times SD, so chill out.
3840 is 6 times greater than SD of 640 pixels across. It's either 4.5x or 6x SD, the marketing people just make up these standards. Look at the actual numbers, and call it 6x so you can sleep at night lol.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I have a hard time calling 65" "colossal" ;)

I would say that 65" is "getting there", and something less is "maybe adequate".
Perhaps you misread/misunderstood my comment? Colossal is from the link posted by the OP. Me, like most consumers, will probably never anything close to a 783" TV. Just saying:cool:

I bought only a 65" tv. Seems that's the sweet spot in price/size nowadays. Definitely not colossal. But a nice size for my room nonetheless.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Perhaps you misread/misunderstood my comment? Colossal is from the link posted by the OP. Me, like most consumers, will probably never anything close to a 783" TV. Just saying:cool:

I bought only a 65" tv. Seems that's the sweet spot in price/size nowadays. Definitely not colossal. But a nice size for my room nonetheless.
OK, the way you said "colossal", then next sentence was "I finally jumped in", seemed like you were saying 65" is colossal.

I'm also currently at 65", moved my old 52" to bedroom duty.

I would eventually like to go 75"+ in the living room, but the price for a 65" OLED was the top of my budget for OLED tech.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I use a 55”in my. Bedroom and a 40” lcd in the smaller room downstairs .
I wanted to move bigger tv downstairs but my smaller one is far better at upconvering dvds . And a lot of tv shows are 720 which upconvert bad in my 4¥k non hdr junk Bravia .

65” is it collossol anymore I’ve seen 75”-85” tv for way cheaper then my 55” Sony in 2015.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis