annunaki

annunaki

Thanks for the kind words. I have to tell you though, it was the Sony XBR4 that made me return the Toshiba 47HL167 I had purchased almost 30 days before. I kept going into Best Buy and seeing this picture that looked more like I was watching something going on outside my window than watching a movie on a screen(Windex...for high definition windows:D)! Of course my jaw pretty much dropped when I saw the price on the 46 inch XBR4. Even the 40 inch was about $500 more than I paid for the Toshiba.
I was fully set on returning the Toshiba and waiting it out until the 120 Hz sets came down in price, but I guess Circuit City didn't want to take any returns on Sunday December 30th because they offered me a ridiculous price on the Samsung LN-T4671 so I ran with it and I'm not looking back. For the price they offered, I don't believe even a Plasma could have been a better deal.
Did you get it for around $1800-$2000 or so?

They were running a crazy deal on those for a short stint there.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Screen door effect was an LCD limitation only from my undertanding. Digital media should not have any issues assuming it is of proper resolution for the screen size being used and viewing distance.
It's not the media but the display device that creates screen door effect. This was a problem on early DLP sets and projectors. A friend of mine has a InFocus 720P DLP projector displayed on a 120" perforated screen and you can easily see it. It doesn't bother me much but it bothers him and he has to live with it. Lesson learned? Don't mix DLP and perforated screens. :D

Like Clint said both Plasma and LCD have their positives and negatives. Screen glare is a deal killer for me and the new Panasonic's aren't improved enough for my tastes. But I have not seen the latest Pioneer Elite's and their new anti glare screens. Mitsubishi LCD sets have a demo on them that shows the difference between 60 and 120 Hz. Looks like a nice improvement from my perspective. I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest on BD on the latest Sharp 65" LCD two weeks ago and I thought it was the best picture I have ever seen bar none. But I do not know if the 120 hz was turned off or not. I'll check for that the next time I'm at Fry's.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis