1080/HD - 4K/UHD Question

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
True of false:

An HD TV doing HD content will look better than a 4K TV upscaling the HD content.

If you had $1200. What would you buy.

Thanks!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
In general, False

Speakers, LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
True of false:

An HD TV doing HD content will look better than a 4K TV upscaling the HD content.

Thanks!
What size are you looking at? $1200 can be a little or a lot depending on the answer.

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
I found some other threads. The Samsung Q90T is creeping to the top of the list.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I found some other threads. The Samsung Q90T is creeping to the top of the list.
All in all it looks like a good set, but not being able to opt out of ads? Automatic disqualification for me. Also, no Dolby Vision if you care about that sort of thing. Peak brightness is way up there so if you need a light cannon TV, this is a damn good bet. Samsung used to be top 3 in build quality so if that is still true, you can bet it'll last a good while.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q90-q90t-qled

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I've sold a bunch of the Samsung 90 series over the past two years. They are pretty good but not in the same league as OLED.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
True of false:

Thanks!
Do they still make 1080p televisions?
At $1,200 I couldn't possibly get any TV for my family room. They would all be far too small. At a 12' viewing distance (typical) in our family room, I would be hard pressed to go down to the 83" OLED TV that LG is releasing this year.

So, you should figure out what size TV you should get for your space, then find what your budget allows you to get.

The TOP issue people complain about is that their image is too small.

I find my 85" Samsung clearly shows which content is inferior to others. We almost exclusively watch 1080p content on it, and it isn't about the resolution, but the bit-rate. A quality high bitrate stream looks significantly superior to low quality streams. Same resolution, different quality. VERY DIFFERENT! So, it's all about garbage in, garbage out, no matter the TV that is purchased.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis