$100,000,000+ Yacht with Imax Theater...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something insane.. Showboat: billionaire NFL team owner installs Imax cinema on superyacht

"...Verkuyl said the 12-seat, two-level Imax is so big “the vessel had to be built around the Imax”...
Ed Beckett, a naval architect at Burgess, the British yacht firm that helped design Lady S, said including the Imax made the build process “much more complicated and expensive” because the rest of the ship had to be designed to be as quiet as possible, so as to not to interfere with the movie experience.

“You couldn’t have sound from the Imax drifting into the cabins next door and, more importantly, you couldn’t have the sound of the engines or vibrations coming into the Imax. If they did we would not get the certification from Imax – and that was the most important thing for the owner,” he said. Beckett said the extra costs of having an Imax on board were “into the millions”."

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wonder how close his yacht came to costing $100M- ROCK.IT, owned by the founder of Jimmy John's was around $80M and it's only 198' long. I have been extremely close to that one, as well as a similar vessel, owned by the owner of Arlington Racetrack- they were both in Milwaukee at the same time and we were on my friends' boat which is classified as a yacht, but is nothing like these.

1547902404303.png

Arlington Racetrack owner's yacht-

https://www.superyachtfan.com/motor_yacht_blue_moon.html

And here's a video of a similar yacht-

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well I for one am very happy the super duper rich got a huge tax break last year or they wouldn't be able to afford such luxury things. Thank God for the small things. I got about 10 bucks in my paycheck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
An insane theater on an insane boat for the insanely wealthy. Love the drawbridge thing, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pfft! Dan Snyder is still second rate. Here is how a real NFL owner does it: https://www.chron.com/life/article/Cowboys-Jerry-Jones-buys-250-million-superyacht-13517019.php#photo-16740762

Sarcasm aside (if it was not patently obvious) that was an interesting story on how they achieved their IMAX certification. I am sure it is quite an experience!
One of those bucket list kinda things? Wonder if he'll live long enough to enjoy it much but then again you can't take it with you. I do wonder if the owners of these are ever actually qualified to fully pilot the boat? I assume there are some qualifications needed....or you have to get towed in under the bridge? :)

highfigh

highfigh

Well I for one am very happy the super duper rich got a huge tax break last year or they wouldn't be able to afford such luxury things. Thank God for the small things. I got about 10 bucks in my paycheck.

The worst part is that they didn't curb spending to counter the tax cut.

Have you ever thought about how much the wealthy pour into the economy and how many people are kept working because of them? It's easy to hate people when they have what you don't and for the special treatment they get, but if they leave a country, that country is totally screwed.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

One of those bucket list kinda things? Wonder if he'll live long enough to enjoy it much but then again you can't take it with you. I do wonder if the owners of these are ever actually qualified to fully pilot the boat? I assume there are some qualifications needed....or you have to get towed in under the bridge? :)
I doubt it- it takes a lot of training to be certified. Yachts like these have bow and stern thrusters, which make it possible to go sideways and they're often steerable, so the props aren't even involved at such low speeds because it takes so long to stop without massive turbulence.

As David Lee Roth said, "Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does let you pull up next to it at the yacht club".

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That's because they believe in the trickle down piss on my head economy that will somehow produce more revenue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Have you ever thought about how much the wealthy pour into the economy and how many people are kept working because of them? It's easy to hate people when they have what you don't and for the special treatment they get, but if they leave a country, that country is totally screwed.
Or keep the taxes as is to reduce deficit but repubs are pretty stupid about the non existent trickle down.

highfigh

highfigh

Or keep the taxes as is to reduce deficit but repubs are pretty stupid about the non existent trickle down.
Congress needs to be flushed and part of the qualification process should be to grill them on their fiscal mindset. Actually, anyone who wants to be in Congress should have proof that they have a clue, but that ship has sailed.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

The middle class powers our economy, not rich people. If all the wealthy left, and all of the poor people moved up into the middle class, this country would be enormously better.

highfigh

highfigh

That's because they believe in the trickle down piss on my head economy that will somehow produce more revenue.

Monty Python had a skit where John Cleese' character says "It's a sound theory. It's wrong, but it's sound".

People like to blame the wealthy for a lot of things, but this is all on Congress' head. I saw a Facebook meme that showed how wealth was distributed between around 1947 and 1981, then another chart that showed who gained the most since then, but the details, including the period of time, of the charts weren't the same and the meme is an attempt to piss people off. The problem is that it doesn't go into why they have gained so much. The first chart showed that the top gained, but only about 65% of the average of the rest of the brackets- it's because they have been allowed to keep more of their income. For that matter, EVERYONE has been allowed to keep more but Congress thinks that they must have money because they still have checks.

1947 tax brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1947

1981 Tax brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1981

1982 brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1982

2018 brackets-
https://www.irs.com/articles/2018-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions

Inflation calculator-
https://www.aier.org/cost-living-calculator?utm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&gclid=CjwKCAiA1ZDiBRAXEiwAIWyNC6AHSii5dPKRXoih65LEkfZQ3PlU14BJguam8uahHtN1pWNi3T4tdxoCLPMQAvD_BwE

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

Don't give me that BS please. The top 1% own something like 70% of everything. They want to make a zillions, then bitch about high taxes and get catered too and have their taxes cut significantly. If we had a real populist and not this fake out for himself guy he would have said yup I'll give the top 5% a huge tax cut but they are gonna give back to the masses by ending or significantly increasing the threshold of SS tax and Medicare/medicaid but he didn't. He is an awful example of a populist. Fake populist.

highfigh

highfigh

The middle class powers our economy, not rich people. If all the wealthy left, and all of the poor people moved up into the middle class, this country would be enormously better.
There are more of us in the middle class, but how would the expenses of the government be paid and how would the poor move up? The wealthy pay more in taxes and spend more than the rest, combined. I have a customer who paid $85,000 in estimated income tax EVERY QUARTER about 5 years ago. How many middle class families would it take to spend $3M on housing and then, furnish, remodel & decorate them?

In 2017, the US had almost 83 million households (a closer number is in the link) and 7.7% of those made over $200K/year. If you want to start at a lower number to define 'wealthy, let's use ~$150K- that was another 7% and that comes to more than 12 million households who are in the two top tax brackets.

Let's use $50M taxable income as an example-

They made $50M, the base tax for the top rate of $418,401 is $121,505.25 and then, they paid 39.6% on anything over $418,400 ($49,581,600), which is $19,634,313.60, for a grand total of $19,755,818.85.

That's one person- how many people making $50K does it take to equal that tax revenue if the rate is $5,226.25 plus 25% of the amount over $37,950? They'll pay $17,276.25 and it would require 1136 households to pay an equal amount. Obviously, the deductions and exemptions offset part of the tax, but remember, not everyone inherited their wealth, so they paid for their possessions and whatever allows them to write off some of their income. Even if someone can write off all of it, they still spend a lot of money.

2017 tax brackets-
https://www.irs.com/articles/2017-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions

US households-
https://www.statista.com/statistics/203183/percentage-distribution-of-household-income-in-the-us/

highfigh

highfigh

Don't give me that BS please. The top 1% own something like 70% of everything. They want to make a zillions, then bitch about high taxes and get catered too and have their taxes cut significantly. If we had a real populist and not this fake out for himself guy he would have said yup I'll give the top 5% a huge tax cut but they are gonna give back to the masses by ending or significantly increasing the threshold of SS tax and Medicare/medicaid but he didn't. He is an awful example of a populist. Fake populist.

The part underlined part in bold italics- I absolutely agree with that.

Screw populist- politicians are elected because of what they promise and that usually means people will vote for someone because they think they'll be getting something without paying for it. I want someone who has the balls to buck the existing system and Washington insiders.......oh, right- we have one, but the Left (and many on the Right) hate him. He's far from perfect, but he's getting some things done that have been neglected.

How much control do you want the Federal Government to have?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The part underlined part in bold italics- I absolutely agree with that.

Screw populist- politicians are elected because of what they promise and that usually means people will vote for someone because they think they'll be getting something without paying for it. I want someone who has the balls to buck the existing system and Washington insiders.......oh, right- we have one, but the Left (and many on the Right) hate him. He's far from perfect, but he's getting some things done that have been neglected.

How much control do you want the Federal Government to have?
I'm just stating what a real populist is. He is not. He is for the wealthy period. There is not an ounce of real populism in him. He throws red meat like the illegals are the root of all the problems and then does more for the wealthy. I'm just stating what a real populist would be. He is not.

highfigh

highfigh

I think we need to take some abilities away from Congress, like determining their income/benefits, eliminating lobbyists, and making them request the money for a lot of what they spend, make them subject to insider trading laws (technically, it's illegal for them but Congress told the courts they can't be investigated) and I don't like that they get 80% of their pay for life, after retirement.

I think $500K would be a good limit for SS wages but that also means the maximum benefit would rise, greatly. That would also cost employers a lot and that might be a problem.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Monty Python had a skit where John Cleese' character says "It's a sound theory. It's wrong, but it's sound".

People like to blame the wealthy for a lot of things, but this is all on Congress' head. I saw a Facebook meme that showed how wealth was distributed between around 1947 and 1981, then another chart that showed who gained the most since then, but the details, including the period of time, of the charts weren't the same and the meme is an attempt to piss people off. The problem is that it doesn't go into why they have gained so much. The first chart showed that the top gained, but only about 65% of the average of the rest of the brackets- it's because they have been allowed to keep more of their income. For that matter, EVERYONE has been allowed to keep more but Congress thinks that they must have money because they still have checks.

1947 tax brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1947

1981 Tax brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1981

1982 brackets-
https://www.tax-brackets.org/federaltaxtable/1982

2018 brackets-
https://www.irs.com/articles/2018-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions

Inflation calculator-
https://www.aier.org/cost-living-calculator?utm_source=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_medium=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&utm_campaign=PANTHEON_STRIPPED&gclid=CjwKCAiA1ZDiBRAXEiwAIWyNC6AHSii5dPKRXoih65LEkfZQ3PlU14BJguam8uahHtN1pWNi3T4tdxoCLPMQAvD_BwE
And, we had a very productive time period during all those high tax years if I recall.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Where is the helo landing pad on that yacht? For a $100 mil there should be one.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis