0-180 Phase Control on Subs

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
.....WmAx, honestly no offense, but I get the impression you couldn't set levels by ear at gunpoint.....
Mulester7, the suggestion was for what is appropriate for your situation. If you want to adjust the phase control with greater accuracy, this will require acoustical measurement.

-Chris

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
edwelly said:
SVS PB10-isd front firing 10"
I have it is the far left corner facing me.
....great....put one in the far right corner when you can is what I'd do.......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
WmAx said:
Mulester7, the suggestion was for what is appropriate for your situation. If you want to adjust the phase control with greater accuracy, this will require acoustical measurement.

-Chris
.....WmAx, I don't need acoustical measurement past these ears on my head, now there it is....I do every conceivable tweak that can be done pretty quick....I go for steep rolloffs, and tweaking....I can tweak things the meter don't measure....using the meter, you're talking overall balance between the seperates to please the owner's ears, oh gee, that's tuff....I guess I'm saying I need to drop 40 bucks for a meter actually pretty bad....(correct, pleasant sarcasm).......

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
.....WmAx, I don't need acoustical measurement past these ears on my head, now there it is....I do every conceivable tweak that can be done pretty quick....I go for steep rolloffs, and tweaking....I can tweak things the meter don't measure....using the meter, you're talking overall balance between the seperates to please the owner's ears, oh gee, that's tuff....I guess I'm saying I need to drop 40 bucks for a meter actually pretty bad....(correct, pleasant sarcasm).......
I do not understand this reply, overall. Please clarify.

-Chris

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
WmAx said:
I do not understand this reply, overall. Please clarify.

-Chris
.....Chris, lighten up....you're among friends....who respect your posts greatly....you have exhibited a couple of times an attitude of, "how dare you question me?"....misinterpretation on your part....those were good suggestions on the revamping of the forums....me and Clint have PM'd once since the initial onslaught over 901's, haha....someone said with a degree of confidence your system is stereo....I trap in the same woods....what you say is good stuff....please continue to bring it to our level....we're just guys who learned to twist knobs and hook stuff up....mechanical aptitude, actually, with ear tuning....who cares what another guy liked as far as levels, and wrote an article over?....he didn't pay for my stuff....that came from the leather creation housed in my back pocket I affectionately call Butt National Bank-Wallet Division.....the other division is in my other back pants-pocket....Butt National Bank-Checkbook Division.....and, the notion of the two divisions going together to acquire a defunct corporate shell and hit Wall Street anytime soon is unlikely......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis