theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
It would not cost James anything you would be responsible for expenses.
So your expectations are for the reviewer to spend thousands of dollars to evaluate a company's product?! :confused: That would lead to 0 reviews ever being done, that's for sure. Thankfully no one else thinks that would be the appropriate way to go about it.

Not sure if anyone from James monitors the forums, but if they do please feel free to PM me. I'm more than willing to discuss shipping arrangements for an EMB1200. ;)

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
So your expectations are for the reviewer to spend thousands of dollars to evaluate a company's product?! :confused: That would lead to 0 reviews ever being done, that's for sure. Thankfully no one else thinks that would be the appropriate way to go about it.

Not sure if anyone from James monitors the forums, but if they do please feel free to PM me. I'm more than willing to discuss shipping arrangements for an EMB1200. ;)
You need to review the new Triple 21 not the EMB1200. I think I've seen the reviews on EMB1200. hope it all works out be positive.

Maybe I'll rent you mine? Lol... :)

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Well James SPL39LCR came in today for sitting room very nice. Should get setup this weekend.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
You need to review the new Triple 21 not the EMB1200. I think I've seen the reviews on EMB1200. hope it all works out be positive.
It has a bit of a shipping crate look about it, but a 21" driver? I'm game, that's for sure. Probably dislodge by fillings, but it would be worth it. :p

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Im hearing this thing is crazy good... It looked like it would be a sound stage if I had it in my future theater.:)

I need to plan a vacation to NAPA and do a tour. Maybe when I retire I can work for speakers. Lol...

I told my wife I wanted the 812BE's for my retirement gift. :)

Will move Baby Grands to back. Now that would rock...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The free-standing speakers & subs are way too square looking for my taste.

They need to get some curved cabinets like the RBH SX series.

What is the pricing like for James speakers?

For example, the RBH SX-1010N sub retails $1200, but I could get them for $750.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
The free-standing speakers & subs are way too square looking for my taste.

They need to get some curved cabinets like the RBH SX series.

What is the pricing like for James speakers?

For example, the RBH SX-1010N sub retails $1200, but I could get them for $750.
The EMB1000 is $1200-$1400 you would want to check with a dealer.

Not a dealer just a happy end user.

Last edited:
J

JamesMkgGuy

Audiophyte

Maybe I'll rent you mine? Lol... :)
You're right Hookedonc4, we have had some great reviews on the EMB1200. For a powered sub it's one of the best. I'd love to show you all in person the new Mavericks line. We include a triple 21' but it's horizontal, you've seen the triple shaped like a big cube. Few people have room for that.

Did you see the underground 21"'s we did for a music manager in LA? Those kicked some butt too.

Hey theJman, send me a PM about reviewing our speakers. We don't mean to be so close to the vest with our products. We're the best kept secrete I guess.

Cheers from Napa Valley

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
You're right Hookedonc4, we have had some great reviews on the EMB1200. For a powered sub it's one of the best. I'd love to show you all in person the new Mavericks line. We include a triple 21' but it's horizontal, you've seen the triple shaped like a big cube. Few people have room for that.

Did you see the underground 21"'s we did for a music manager in LA? Those kicked some butt too.

Hey theJman, send me a PM about reviewing our speakers. We don't mean to be so close to the vest with our products. We're the best kept secrete I guess.

Cheers from Napa Valley
Would love to visit and check out the sound room...

As you probably read told wife I wanted 812BE's for a retirement gift. Then move Baby Grands to the back. I'll bet I could make room for the triple 21. Lol

We are very happy with James Loudspeaker. What a great product...

I did see a picture of the underground 21" would love to hear them also...

Looking at trying the A2.1. Still doing some reading on it. I already have four M1000's and they rock.

Last edited:
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Would that I could... when I tried to PM you the forum returned the error "JamesMkgGuy has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her". Perhaps you don't have enough posts or haven't been a member long enough to receive PM's. My email address is this, if you would prefer we communicate that way.

J

JamesMkgGuy

Audiophyte
Welcome...

Very nice. Are you still working on it?
I am, the hardest part about being the manufacturer, is that we don't get to see the finished product as often as we'd like. So the gallery is definitely in development.

Stay tuned.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
The James engineering staff recently converted the old home theater demo room to a 2 channel listening room in order to perform critical listening tests and demonstrations of the new Park Michael speakers, as well as some very high end custom speakers, all in stereo format. All tests were performed with only one pair playing at a time.
image.jpg

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We at James always love a challenge. We received a call from a dealer who had a client who was into Steampunk, small and large. We were asked to design and manufacture a speaker that would fully provide the Steampunk experience. So this loudspeaker was the result. Technically, a QX530 for the 80Hz to 22kHz range and a 2 x 10" subwoofer section. Steampunk features include 5 vacuum tube "phaser laser", pressure gauges, control values, interlocking gears, brass accents and copious copper tubing to connect it all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very cool looking. :D

I definitely love 2 X 10" woofers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis