NuForce Icon DAC Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The NuForce Icon DAC isn't just a standalone DAC, it isn't just a preamp for your computer or Android phone, and it isn't just a headphone amplifier. It is all of these things for only $325 (or $299 depending on which listed MSRP you believe). With a USB input for you Android phone (some of them at least) or your Mac or PC, it functions as a DAC and headphone amp. With analogue and digital audio outputs, it functions as a DAC or a preamp. With analogue inputs (stereo RCA and 3.5mm), it can be any of these things for your other equipment. So, what do you need? The Nuforce Icon DAC is here to serve.

Discuss "NuForce Icon DAC Preview" here. Read the article.

D

dingus48

Enthusiast
Anything from NuForce is highly suspect for me, so I'll withold judgment until a complete review comes out. NuForce did not conduct themselves well and were exposed to have made a pretty poor product with their uDAC-2, and the problems seemed systemic to the company (google "nwavguy nuforce drama").

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Anything from NuForce is highly suspect for me, so I'll withold judgment until a complete review comes out. NuForce did not conduct themselves well and were exposed to have made a pretty poor product with their uDAC-2, and the problems seemed systemic to the company (google "nwavguy nuforce drama").
You beat me to it, I was about to mentioned nwavguy myself
NwAvGuy: NuForce uDAC-2 Drama

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis