Bowers & Wilkins 805 Maserati Edition: The opposite of utilitarian

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
B&W brings the sound quality, Maserati brings the styling. Pricing is still TBA, but how much would you pay for the extra styling changes? The MSRP on a normal set of 805's is $5k.

Read the full article: Bowers & Wilkins 805 Maserati Edition

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Shouldn't they call them the 805 Diamond Maserati? :D

It's based on the 805D2?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I fail to see the resemblance to a Maserati .. just sayin :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That seems correct, but in the end, aren't you just going to call them "mine"?
No, actually I am not buying anything else for a while. Gotta save up for other important things in life - a Range Rover. :eek: ;) :D

No more speakers and gears for me for a long time.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It is basically the standard stand-mounted model 805 speaker, the "flagship" 800 Series Diamond speaker in Bowers & Wilkins line up, but trimmed with black Maserati leather and real birdseye maple wood veneer. It even has Maserati’s Trident on the base of the speaker's integrated stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Went to 'Expert',local electronics shop in Oslo and opened this review page in safari on a bunch of Apple ProBooks on display

Some AH advertisement is on it's place :p

(this message is posted 30000ft above ground)

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
They keep telling me inflation is under control. But I remember very clearly buying a pair of B&W 805 bookshelf speakers around 1997 for $1300. Of course, they were black, not birdseye maple.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They keep telling me inflation is under control. But I remember very clearly buying a pair of B&W 805 bookshelf speakers around 1997 for $1300. Of course, they were black, not birdseye maple.
And they did not have $3,000/PR Diamond tweeters back then. They were just aluminum tweeters back then.

FYI: here is a diamond tweeter for only $2,900 each ($5,800/PR). :D
http://www.zalytron.com/accuton.htm

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
No matter what, I think this is kind'a cool.... Acer is doing their Ferrari stuff
Sonus Faber is doing their "leather stuff"

This is cool :p
805 Maserati Edition - Bowers & Wilkins | B&W Speakers

I believe 805's today are very different from 97, they changed main designer some years ago, in 97 I believe they stuffed the X-Overs with a few hundred components, so much stuff that poor electrons hardly could get through to the drivers...

Now they employ quite simple networks if I'm not very incorrect.... anyways it's completely different speakers in all sense!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis