what are you drinking right now ?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't post that to tell anyone what to like, or drink.:)

There is a really interesting movie about this called Beer Wars Movie

It's a bit similar to how people feel about eating veal, and how the animals are treated.
In this case it's how the Mega Brewers are treating small business. Trying to crush the competition by not allowing them cooler space in stores, because they control what stores carry and product shelf placement.
Whenever they feel that their space is being encroached upon by a smaller brewery, they just create another beer or another size to take up more space. That’s the reason, for instance, that Budweiser Selects exists — it’s not because it taste different than Bud (in fact, there’s very little discernible taste between Bud, Miller, and Coors) — it’s because it allowed Budweiser to take up another six feet of shelf space. That’s also why you can get Bud products in cases, 12 packs, six packs, cans, bottles, and even mini-cans: because it takes up more space. That’s why you have to spend 10 minutes searching your grocery store shelves to find the better beers, if they exist at all. There’s also the massive beer lobby, which is bigger than the gun and tobacco lobbies combined, which works diligently to assure that the status quo remains.

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just had a Deustche Brewery Black Butte Porter was very nice. Then later some Prichard's Rye Whiskey also very nice.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Blue Moon's Short Straw (Farmhouse Red Ale). Pretty tasty. A red ale with hints of white pepper.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like a little sumpin sumpin worth checking out.
It's a good time. They have a different brewery and a rep there once a month.

Love Lagunitas.. Had a Hop Stoopid bomber last night. Fabulous IPA !
Cheers, Mac
Lagunitas is one of my favorite breweries. A bit like Lays potato chips, I can't pick just one.:D

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Having a unibroue Trois Pistoles. Probably my favorite beer.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Another great one. I don't think I've had a bad Unibroue beer.
Oh, they exist. Their white ale isn't "bad" but it's nowhere near the quality of their better ones. They also brew some beers to sell as Trader Joes brand beers [though clearly marked as unibroue as well, and very expensive], I've tried two of them and they've been disappointing both times.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis