Warframe avaible at Launch of PS4

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Warframe will be a launch title for the PS4, at the moment Sony is getting a demo ready for E3 all I can say after seeing the launch trailer is ninjas, space and exo-armor powers.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Pretty cool. But I haven't decided if I'm going to stick with Sony or jump ship and go Xbox. I'm not Sony's biggest fan.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I was thinking of getting both but the whole DRM thing and that your Xbox One has to check in once every 24hr like it's on parole turned me off.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I was thinking of getting both but the whole DRM thing and that your Xbox One has to check in once every 24hr like it's on parole turned me off.
Yeah that's kinda lame. I guess that's how they're trying to crack down on hackers?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
More likely that they are trying to cut down on piracy.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Piracy does play a part in their policy but the real target is used game sales, their policy allows publishers to tell you what you can and can not do with the game you just bought, MS in their own word:

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.
Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you. Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Piracy does play a part in their policy but the real target is used game sales, their policy allows publishers to tell you what you can and can not do with the game you just bought, MS in their own word:
This makes no sense to me. I can't believe that Microsoft is that stupid. If it's the publishers that want this then why is Sony not doing the same thing? If this is Microsoft's idea how do they make money by pissing off their customers? Most of my gamer friends are on Xbox but many of them are now looking at the PS4. This seems like a disastrous move on the part of Microsoft.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
From what I have read it apperared that Sony had similar intentions since they have a patent on placing an RFID chip in the PS4 which could block used games. My guess is after they saw the backlash with MS they modified their stance, DRM will play a part with the PS4 in the form of online passes, just as it does now with the PS3 when trying to play used games online.

After all that transpired leading up to E3 with MS, Sony shows a PS4 ad at it's E3 press conference which many have interpret as a swipe at MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I see Microsoft changed their minds on the DRM thing. Looks like they actually realized what a stupid idea it was. Hope the guy that pushed for this got fired.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It's not a surprise that they did but the damage has been done, the Hardcore are vindictive when they feel that a game company turns it back on them. If your in doubt about that look at Sega, as far as the latest data on pre-orders there is a 5:1 ratio in Sony's favor.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not surprised. I feel the same way. Before this debacle I was thinking about getting an Xbox because most of my gamer friends have Xbox's and they're always telling me, "Too bad you don't have a 360 or I'd let you borrow some games." So I figured maybe I'd get one and then I could share and play game with those guys. When they announced all the restrictions then getting one was pointless to me.

Now that they've eased up I'm still pissed at them. Why the hell would I want to give my money to a company that wanted to be such *****? The fact that they repealed the restrictions is meaningless to me because if they could have gotten away with it they would have. Screw Microsoft.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
There is still that possibility they will try again, no one knows what's in the TOS yet. Sony had used it's TOS to get gamers to go along with their program of removing the Other OS so they could have continued access to PSN. So as far as I'm concerned this subject is far from over with MS, and not to be out done in the douchebaggery department Sony confirmed that PS 4 will require PS+ in order to play games online, while being able to play all single-player games as well as use all media services without subscribing to PS+.[h=2][/h]

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
and not to be out done in the douchebaggery department Sony confirmed that PS 4 will require PS+ in order to play games online, while being able to play all single-player games as well as use all media services without subscribing to PS+.
Yeah that does bug a bit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis