Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Today is our community garage sale day. I forgot...probably because I don't ever sell anything. It'll just be a little louder in the morning is all. My next door neighbors almost always sell stuff.

Hey, I wonder if I could sell that IPS-1? Although, I don't know how I could top Steve's offer of $75 and lentil chips. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My plans for today include trying out a new TV antenna and (if it arrives) an add-on kit for my garage door opener that will let me operate it from my phone.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Today is our community garage sale day. I forgot...probably because I don't ever sell anything. It'll just be a little louder in the morning is all. My next door neighbors almost always sell stuff.

Hey, I wonder if I could sell that IPS-1? Although, I don't know how I could top Steve's offer of $75 and lentil chips. :D
I've got $76.52 and a box of veggie corn dogs for the IPS-1. (steve schmeve...)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I remembered that I had an older electric lawn mower that I never use, so I was going to put it out on the curb for free because of the community sale traffic. My neighbors are having a sale today, so I went and offered it to them for free in case they wanted to try and sell it to make some extra money. The guy actually wanted it for himself. Sweet. I freed up some space, and he got a new (to him) lawn mower.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I remembered that I had an older electric lawn mower that I never use, so I was going to put it out on the curb for free because of the community sale traffic. My neighbors are having a sale today, so I went and offered it to them for free in case they wanted to try and sell it to make some extra money. The guy actually wanted it for himself. Sweet. I freed up some space, and he got a new (to him) lawn mower.
And yet you turn down my generous offer on your IPS-1 :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Time to mess around with the antenna some more. I got it up on the patio roof, but no real reception, yet. Looks like I need to redo some wiring to give it a fair chance.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Time to mess around with the antenna some more. I got it up on the patio roof, but no real reception, yet. Looks like I need to redo some wiring to give it a fair chance.
Well, taking the unplugged Channel Master amp out of the circuit did indeed help a lot (I unplugged it because this antenna has it's own inline amp, like Monoprice's antenna, and I don't want to fry it). I still couldn't get it to pick up the stations in the two directions that I want, even though the company claims that the antenna doesn't need to be aimed. Well, I suppose that is true. I don't need to aim it. I don't need to breathe, either, but it helps.

If I point it in one direction, I get the stations in that direction but not the stations in the other direction. If I point it in the other direction, then I only get the other stations. If I point it in between - I completely lose at least two stations (one in each direction) that I want. Perhaps I just need to elevate it higher...but I'm not sure that's going to help with this whole aiming thing.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
For those with a burning interest in how the biking with the dog contraption is working...actually pretty well. I've not suffered any serious injuries in any case :D Even with other dogs in the vicinity that catch Max's attention, he seems unable to pull me off course too badly, and I still retain pretty good control.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm not sure what that is exactly...either way, not someone I'd want to meet in a dark alley.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Behold the Mini Cooper, the perfect family oriented automobile.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just ordered my new cleats. :D

Originally retailed for $299.99 a couple years ago, I paid $68. That's the great thing about a new model coming out every year.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice cleats, man. There's something that you and I don't have in common - exercise. :D

Something that we do have in common - amps and messing with our systems. :) I believe that the IPS-1 will get pulled out of the system again today...perhaps for good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis