ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Road bike? I thought you weren't "into that gay stuff"
No brother, I said I won't rode bike, with you, because you are gay...

I started road biking last year just to make me faster on a MTB and boy did it work. Some of my ridding buddies, that use to whip my tail, don't even like riding with me now because now I can whip them when I am just putting out 60% effort.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I may get that BMC, I think I will like it, but I don't want to risk even riding around the parking lot with my shoulder, Im 6'5" 280lbs, and most of my weight is from 4" above my belly button and up to my neck, so when Im on a bike my shoulders and wrists are taking the punishment. I've gone this far with the recovery, I hate to rip it apart now and do it all over.... I honestly probably won't be able to ride until next season so thats over a year from now.... I do miss it, and I don't know why but my wife got me a new pair of sidi's for xmass, kind of like rubbing it in that she still rides {well not now, its 3 degrees out but last year}...

your wifes alloy model looks better to me, lol... the cost of carbon for a weekender like me doesn't make sense, my wife has a few bikes but she loves this carbon Haro she has, its a hard tail, but she is amazing on it, she wheelies further than my kids on that thing, its funny to watch, this little 100lb doll doing wheelies on a mtb for a telephone pole length lol.... I showed her how to do endo's to but she isnt comfortable with them, she says if she falls wheelying she lands on her but where she has cushion {or thinks she does}, but if she goes over the bars she lands on her face and then I'll leave her, lol {she says that but she knows Ill never leave her... unless it was really bad, jk}
Yep, I am just now back on the bike and today was my second day in the gym after my shoulder surgery.

The Alloy makes more sense. My bike is 3 lbs lighter than her's but cost $3,000 more... But I always have to have the coolest stuff on the block.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yep, I am just now back on the bike and today was my second day in the gym after my shoulder surgery.

The Alloy makes more sense. My bike is 3 lbs lighter than her's but cost $3,000 more... But I always have to have the coolest stuff on the block.
I have had a few surgeries and these shoulder ones are the worst, the drs told me the healing process would be painful and long because of the amount of muscle hanging on the injury and the emense amount of muscle on my shoulder, and they were not exaggerating, it is terrible... Making it worse is I am addicted to the gym and it kills me not to work out {obviously Im doing everything I can with out my shoulder, but thats not much, I do 200 hanging situps every morning}...

$3000 for less bike doesnt make sense lol....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am so dead...

I swear I just gave this thing a small snack and it followed me home. I am actually scared what my wife will do this time!

It's not home yet, it was built for someone else who backed out. They are tearing it down and changing all the components to what I want.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yes I would say you are a dead man walking. Looks like I am waiting until next year to get my mountain bike. Unless I sell one of my amps which will not happen.

So what make and model is that? Hard to believe you are giving up on Yeti.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Who said anything about giving up the Yeti?:eek:

Niner Jet9 RDO.

I have always held out on this 29" trend but it looks like it is not a trend. I have been demo'ing some and there is just no denying the fact that I am faster on a 29", on all our trails. One of my biggest concerns has been the weight but it turns out, if you trow enough money at it, it can be light and not compromise the reliability.

I went with the new XX1, Ix11 set up, Mavic Crossmax SLR wheels, carbon bars and seatpost, Mangura carbon brakes. It should weigh in the upper 23 lb range which puts it just a tad heavier that my Yeti.

The conversation with Carolyn went pretty good.

Me: I really want to get a Niner

Her: No way, we have discussed this and you will not get a new bike until the pool is paid off

Me: Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I bought you a pool

Her: Stop it, it's our pool

Me: You know a new bike will show up at our house so let's just work out a compromise

Her: Some day, I may just not come home

Me: Bartender, I need another whisky

Her: and another Martini

Her: What kind of compromise

Me: You are only responsible for one household bill, the electric bill. I will take over that if you will sign a contract right here and now that states that I can get a new bike, of my choice and you can't ask me how much it was or hassle me in anyway about it.

Her: so you take over the $350 electric bill starting May 1st?

Me: Yes

Her: write it up on the back of the drink menu.

Done....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
OMFG. That is classic. I bow to the king. Well played.
It could have went either way but she is motivated by money.

She is all torn down and getting built back up to my specs. It would be ready tomorrow but we are having an issue finding the freehub conversion kit for the 11 speed cassette. Mavic says they can have us one in 7-14 days.

I like the color, it's like I couldn't decide on a black one or a white one so I got a black and white one...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

She is all torn down and getting built back up to my specs.
The bike or the woman? :D

Yeah, I really think 29 is the way to go. Especially if you go with a hard-tail. I rode a 26 soft-tail Rock-hopper for years, but now I don't think I would trade my 29 Carve for anything (except maybe a 29 Stump-Jumper HT)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My modest Trek 820 singletrack bike. She had a hard time in the storm, but I cleaned/oiled her up and held up well, now I need a new Helmet.

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic

She is all torn down and getting built back up to my specs. It would be ready tomorrow but we are having an issue finding the freehub conversion kit for the 11 speed cassette. Mavic says they can have us one in 7-14 days.

I like the color, it's like I couldn't decide on a black one or a white one so I got a black and white one...

Nice bike. I run the Crossmax SLR wheels, too. It is a great wheelset.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nice bike. I run the Crossmax SLR wheels, too. It is a great wheelset.
I have always used Stan's laced to Chris Kings but I decided to try the Mavic's. They say the 2013 are really good; being strong and light.

My shop called today and said they weighed my build with everything but the pedals and it was barely over 22 lbs. That means it will weigh about the same as my Yeti ASR5. Not bad for a FS 29'er. Just goes to show you...if you throw enough money at something, you can have light and strong...

Oh yeah...anyone want to buy a Yeti?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Around where are you? Been kinda thinking of picking up a bike.
I'm in Fort Worth, Texas but I will ship it. Below are the specs as it is but I can swap out wheels to DT Swiss and take it down another $400, change cassette and knock out $100. We could look at downgrading other stuff on it too. If you just meed a frame; I would do it for $800.

Price: $3000
PRICE NEW: $5,482.90
FRAME: 2010 Yeti ASR5 Carbon. Black. Medium with selected components from XTR Race package
23 lbs as it sets.
Front Suspension Fork: FOX 32, 120 FIT RLC Fork 1.5 Taper
Brake: XT Race with Ice rotors 160F 160R (brand new)
Cassettes: SRAM XX Cassette 11/36 (60 miles on it)
Chains: Shimano XTR 10-Speed Chain CN-M980 (60 miles on it)
Cranks: Shimano XTR Trail 2x10 Hollowtech II Crankset FC-M980 175mm 38/26 (60 miles on it)
Front Derailleurs: Shimano XTR Traditional Triple Front Derailleur FD-M981
Grips: Lizard Skins
Handlebars: Truvativ Noir Team Carbon Riser
Headset: Chris King Tapered
Pedals: None
Rear Derailleurs: Shimano XTR M985 Medium Shadow Plus (60 miles on it)
Rear Shock: FOX FLOAT RP23
Saddles: None
Seatpost: Thomson Elite Setback Seatpost Black
Shifter: Shimano XTR Rapidfire Plus Shift Levers SL-M980 (60 miles on it)
Stems: Thomson X4 Stem Black 110mm 5 Degree
Tires - Front: Maxxis IKON 2.2 tubeless
Tires - Rear: Maxxis IKON 2.2 tubeless
Wheels: Chris King ISO Disc/Stan's No Tubes ZTR 355

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
You don't know how tempted I am, but financially this would be a "terrible decision" consuming "weeks of wages." Hope it finds a good home.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
You only live once...
If i actually believed that I would go out and hit the trails regularly I would make that terrible decision. (un?)Fortunately I know myself better than that. It'll be new and shiny and used continually for a month and then collect layers of dust.

Historically I'm a bit of a road cyclist, biked everywhere while I was in college, but I just don't feel comfortable or safe on the roads where I'm living now. When I'm not using the thing for transportation I just don't think I'll get around to using it.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Fortunately for me a medium is too small so there is no temptation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis