best gaming cans w/ mic ($60-$100)

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
Hello all,

My friend is looking at turtle beaches for 30 bux for playing games online and listening to music. I reflexively said "nonononono, let's look into this."

Of course, I have never heard 30 dollar turtle beacher nor have i used them for gaming purposes.

So, we can now agree that I know nothing about the best gaming/music headphones for under 100 bux.

Could you guys help?

I think his primary focus is the mic.... probably wants a boom mic, but if it's a good mic, regardless of boom-ability, that's fine.

The highest price is 100. He wants to pay 30. If 100 is worth getting, I will help him. Please, try to find the best deal closest to 60, though.

So what do you guys think?

T

Trev

Audioholic
I don't know about $100...

I would look at the Beyerdynamic Custom because you can use them for whatever the hell you want, and hook up a microphone attachment to them for when you want to game.

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black: Electronics

or

Gaming Headset, Gaming Headphones | Astro Gaming Headsets

I don't know if your buddy has ever had a real solid pair of headphones, but I can say... using the ones I have for 6 hours + a day... man... there's just not a better investment you can make. Whether you're on the bus, gaming, working, ... don't shortcut this one. Make a boss move. Years later when you're still listening to them... you will thank yourself. Lets say you drop $200... they last minimum 5 years... because come on... you don't treat them like crap. That's ... 5 into 200... $40 a year, for 5 years. So you ask yourself... would you pay $40... a YEAR... for audio orgasms on a daily basis?

Your call.

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
Okey dokey. Thanks.

THey both look good at that price point. I think he'd actually lean more towards the A40 wired.

Anyone else know anything close to the 60 dollar mark?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I played CS for many hours for many years, and what I use and recommend are the audio technica ath-ad700 headphones along with a clip on or desk mic. The mic I used was the zalman zm-mic1.

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
I recommended the ATH-M50, and experiences with that one?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I recommended the ATH-M50, and experiences with that one?
I own them, and they're pleasant headphones, but in the same price range I prefer the Denon DN-HP1000s.

I agree with using a different mic rather than a built-in mic, btw.

T

Trev

Audioholic
The HP1000's are exactly what I use on a daily basis. Many years going. Mainly listen to heavy metal and at high volumes, and the mids, lows, and high squeals are perfect for what it is. Unbelievably comfortable. These are the only over ear cans I've ever owned that I've been able to wear for prolonged periods which do not hurt my head at all.

Originally bought them to use when i play guitar. They kick *** for everything, didn't break the bank, and I don't have to worry about them. They've been tossed around quite a bit. I'm glad I don't have to be more careful with them like I naturally would a more serious pair. I've read reviews on amazon saying the plastic is cheap and has broken for some people? I've had the exact opposite experience. I expect them to last me many more years to come.

Signs of aging after this many years of use....

The coating on the cushion has chaffed off... absolutely no difference in performance. if anything they're more comfortable... just will need to be careful that no liquids get into them.

The jack I've had bent for so long that the rubber part which prevents bending has broken up a bit, leaving a gap in it. Still no problems. She's built well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis