Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Bryce. Most folks don't seem all that impressed by that unit. I like the idea of multiple cameras, and since it's right outside my house, a trail camera probably isn't the best value. :) There's just something about the idea of having it hiding in my tree and snagging that SOB on video in the dark of night. :D

I have a webcam (baby monitor, actually) that does pretty decent in the dark, but it's LEDs are visible and it needs to be plugged into an outlet (unless I buy/make a battery pack that would connect to the power jack). It also has pretty limited resolution at any decent distance. I set it up outside once, but it didn't work all that great.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you, Facebook. If not for your thoughtful "People You May Know" feature, I might have continued to blissfully forget about all those cute girls that were too good for me back in high school - and I sure wouldn't know that they're still smokin' and out of my league. But, thanks to you, I was able to enjoy a little kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck stroll down memory lane. Well played.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got a power console from Acoustic Research. I'm going to disassemble it for a review - but I'm just too lazy right now to do it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you, Facebook. If not for your thoughtful "People You May Know" feature, I might have continued to blissfully forget about all those cute girls that were too good for me back in high school - and I sure wouldn't know that they're still smokin' and out of my league. But, thanks to you, I was able to enjoy a little kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck stroll down memory lane. Well played.
Neck spitting? Oh that sounds particularly nasty. Messed up world we live in ... I think I might have fired an enormous soggy spit ball at a kid's neck in high school. I felt bad right after ... he didn't look too happy either but it was different.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Poor Monk. This Kickstarter project had one reward that let someone go along on the trip...but someone already snagged it. :p For $2k. :eek:

<iframe src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/annafischer/the-wild-places/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"> </iframe>

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Poor Monk. This Kickstarter project had one reward that let someone go along on the trip...but someone already snagged it. :p For $2k. :eek:

<iframe src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/annafischer/the-wild-places/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"> </iframe>
I can't say I'm into that genre of photography, but, her idea of the disposable camera given to her an the model reminds me of Rag & Bone's campaign called DIY:

About | DIY Project - Rag & Bone

They gave models a camera and said go for it. Well, kinda...I have a feeling some professional photographers were involved lol. But still cool/different type of campaign.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Thanks, Bryce. Most folks don't seem all that impressed by that unit. I like the idea of multiple cameras, and since it's right outside my house, a trail camera probably isn't the best value. :) There's just something about the idea of having it hiding in my tree and snagging that SOB on video in the dark of night. :D

I have a webcam (baby monitor, actually) that does pretty decent in the dark, but it's LEDs are visible and it needs to be plugged into an outlet (unless I buy/make a battery pack that would connect to the power jack). It also has pretty limited resolution at any decent distance. I set it up outside once, but it didn't work all that great.
No worries Adam, I have 8 camera
systeam at work cause I don't trust the naibouring Buissnes's they sseem dodgey allways checking out the sheed when it's open, I also have the 4 camera systeam at home witch works great you'd be supprised just how many nosey people there are around I had the people accross the road at 1am court by the savalences of course in my back yard looking at the spa and out door area after I had it all decked out

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sometimes when I'm walking Niki in the neighborhood, and there are no car sounds or other people out, my mind thinks seriously about if a plague or the like wiped out everybody else. I walk down the street and think about having to take care of the bodies after they began to smell, especially when I want to scavenge stuff from their homes. I also think about how long the stock at the nearby grocery stores would feed Niki and I.

Other times, I don't think about such a lonely scenario. I think about zombies...

All this time I thought these were long contemplative walks designed to meet women.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis