Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Any argument against these for the best noise cancelling performance?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Any argument against these for the best noise cancelling performance?
Noise isolating has better performance IMO. Check out the Etymotics Research brand for the best of those. They are essentially ear plugs with a headphone built in.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately, I can't use the "in ear" type for any length of time comfortably. My noise cancelling AT ANC7b headphones work fair, but I'm looking to improve on the noise cancelling side of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
From my [limited] experience I've seen none that work as well as the bose headphones for canceling, and it really pains me to write this sentence.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Don't I know it! I almost didn't want to post here and ask about Bose but, so far, they're the top contender.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
I've read good things about the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9, but the best reviews generally say that are comparable to the Bose, not necessarily better than. As much as I'm with everyone it seems like Bose may legitimately have this one figured out.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Then it's settled. 'No highs, no lows ... must be Blose' really is true. :p

1104blake

Audiophyte
Re: Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones

AKG 495's have made a lot of my customers very happy after switching from bose. I usually yell at them or turn some near by speakers up to a good volume to surprise them when they take the AKG's off and they have yet to fail me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Gordonj

Gordonj

Full Audioholic
I was given a pair of the Bose QuietComfort and have used them from time to time. I have been very pleased with how they control the exterior noise and the over all performance. I am not a big Bose fan at all so don't take me posting this as I am. I can also say that about 25 years ago the company I worked for at the time had a contract with the Air Force for taking the Bose Noise Canceling communication headsets and equipping them with a better coil cord and connector (among other things). The technology that Bose is using in the QuietComfort comes from their work with those headsets some 25 years ago. It seems as if there are some things that Bose is good at.......maybe....

Gordon

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
OK - here's an update. My Audio Technica ANC7b headphones are cutting out on the left side (the side with the switch). Since they're less than 4 months old I'll have to send them back for repair or replacement. This involves at least a month (2 weeks to send and 2 weeks to receive). Moreover, my old Sony earbuds are broken (only 1 side works) after a long period of storage.

So, I need to order a pair of earbuds and will update / upgrade my ANC7b phones later. Any specific recommendations on earbuds in the $100 range? Some that last a bit would be nice. In the past, I had some Ultimate Ears which sounded good but didn't last.

Of note, I try to be fairly careful with my stuff so it's not like I'm trashing the purposely. I've just had some bad luck or bad equipment I suppose. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
After a bit of thought and research, went ahead and ordered the RBH EP1 in-ear headphones. Will post back with a review upon receipt and testing (2-3 weeks).

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
I have done quite a bit of research and listening on noise cancelling headphones, and can say that the Bose seem to have the best noice cancellation. however, able planet has VERY good noise cancellation, as well, and they are definitely cheaper. I can't say much about the sound quality, as i haven't done a sit-down listen session with a whole stack of these cans, yet. I would go ahead and say that the 75 dollar pair of Able Planets has nearly as good noise cancellation as the Bose.

Call me crazy, but I also thought the on ear QC3's had better noise cancellation than the QC-15's. And I went back and forth on them quite a bit.

However, I don't really like the sound of any of the ones mentioned.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis