Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

majorloser

majorloser

Long and short of it.........

The reason I took my projector apart to clean it was because of the dreaded "Error in the Epson Cinema Filter" message that came on the screen the other night. After reading what few threads I could find on the problem the only fix is to clean out the entire interior and hope it's just a stuck gear in the cinema filter mechanism. I also changed the lamp and filter while I was at since calibration was called for after resetting everything back to factory default. Finished reinstalling the projector last night and fired it up with no problems.

525x525px-LL-6e851101_vbattach199196.jpeg

Well, I come home tonight and start the calibration process. As soon as I start adusting the gamma the damn thing locks up and goes right into a shut down mode.

Looks like I need ANOTHER damn projector. I'm lucky if I get three years out of a projector before it dies. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to see that, Dave. That sucks. :(

On the flip side, you don't need to falsely justify getting a new one! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That really sucks that you need to replace another one, but like Adam said, no false justification. There are some good deals on used ones right now. rmk is selling his, JVC RS-35. Got me drooling a little :D

majorloser

majorloser

I know I can get a good deal on another Epson. There's even a lot of refurb units out there for cheap prices. But I guess that ought to tell me something if Epson has a lot of refurb units available.

My first projector, a Yamaha, was $9K. My second projector an, Optoma, was $6K. The Epson was $4K.

So I guess I'm saving money and getting great deals each time I buy a new projector.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Long and short of it.........

The reason I took my projector apart to clean it was because of the dreaded "Error in the Epson Cinema Filter" message that came on the screen the other night. After reading what few threads I could find on the problem the only fix is to clean out the entire interior and hope it's just a stuck gear in the cinema filter mechanism. I also changed the lamp and filter while I was at since calibration was called for after resetting everything back to factory default. Finished reinstalling the projector last night and fired it up with no problems.

View attachment 11417

Well, I come home tonight and start the calibration process. As soon as I start adusting the gamma the damn thing locks up and goes right into a shut down mode.

Looks like I need ANOTHER damn projector. I'm lucky if I get three years out of a projector before it dies. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I have to apologize for what I was thinking when I read your original post about dismantling and cleaning your PJ, which was: "that has to be the most anal-retentive, OCD $hit that I've read on here - even for an Audioholic".:D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I have to apologize for what I was thinking when I read your original post about dismantling and cleaning your PJ, which was: "that has to be the most anal-retentive, OCD $hit that I've read on here - even for an Audioholic".:D
Isn't that part of your weekly maintenance routine :confused: :D

majorloser

majorloser

Doesn't everybody clean out the inside with Q-tips and a magnifying glass?

majorloser

majorloser

All I really wanted to do was to see if the old lamp was still able to calibrate before buying a new one. As soon as I switched it from "Natural" mode to "Cinema Day" mode it went into the error. So at that point it's either buy a new lamp and see if I can get it working again or just buy a new projector. So I'm only out the cost of a new lamp and filter cartridge by getting a new projector. Still cheaper than sending in for service and paying bench time for them to tell me it's fried.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
All I really wanted to do was to see if the old lamp was still able to calibrate before buying a new one. As soon as I switched it from "Natural" mode to "Cinema Day" mode it went into the error. So at that point it's either buy a new lamp and see if I can get it working again or just buy a new projector. So I'm only out the cost of a new lamp and filter cartridge by getting a new projector. Still cheaper than sending in for service and paying bench time for them to tell me it's fried.
Sorry to hear about the death of another projector. Must be all the clean living...

What new models are you looking at?

majorloser

majorloser

My accountant needs to give me a budget first. Either a Panny or another Epson.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I may be Abel to start playing now that I'm well you no single
Bryce, no joke - I really hope that this thing with you and Steph blows over. Two people making it work isn't easy, but when you find someone that you think is the one - effing try. You two have a kid, man. That's no reason to stay together, but it's a reason to give it more thought.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Bryce, no joke - I really hope that this thing with you and Steph blows over. Two people making it work isn't easy, but when you find someone that you think is the one - effing try. You two have a kid, man. That's no reason to stay together, but it's a reason to give it more thought.
Dude, relax. What are the odds of him finding a second woman willing to bump uglies with him? He's only single til his 'needs' kick in. A 48 hour separation will leave him totally open to her most ridiculous demands. No 'thought' required ... and that's probably for the best. :eek: :D

Alternately he can get love advice from Harald.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis