how to connect bose to compter

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Hey
iv got the Bose acoustimass kinda older version tho 2.1 system it requires gauge wire that i lost
ok so questions are
what gauge wire do I use ?
How to I connect them to my computer ? Cus they are gauge wires .. thru an amp ? Most are really really expensive for just a relay or conversion of wires f audio to be processed by my computer
help what do I do ..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, you need a receiver or something along the lines of an integrated amp (preamp and amp but no processing). Something as simple as this Dayton Audio DTA-100a Class-T Digital Amplifier 50 WPC Provides Power To Computer Speakers, Bookshelf Speakers, Headphones, And More! 300-383

I guess it also depends on what type of output you have from the computer - maybe something like one of the digital amps at Parts Express that have USB input might work as well.

When you say "gauge" wire, you mean a harness with a special connector to connect the cubes to the bass module I presume? That one you may be hosed on because unless it is a common connector, you will have to get it from them or find one online. Their crossover is in the bass module, so you ideally want to go that way, otherwise you need an A/V receiver that has the ability to manage the crossover. Integrated amps and most stereo receivers won't have this.

Last edited:
S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Hey thank you for ur reply :) .. I don't knw wts the difference between agw n the gauge wire used for these speakers cus they hav no pin .. I need to kinda clip it to the sub n the wires hv to go from sub to a receiver are these wires compatible to tht receiver I need some special pin to connect them ? Cus the Jack's on the receiver don't look like clipers but actually round jack for pins .. I hope u understand my confusion

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey thank you for ur reply :) .. I don't knw wts the difference between agw n the gauge wire used for these speakers cus they hav no pin .. I need to kinda clip it to the sub n the wires hv to go from sub to a receiver are these wires compatible to tht receiver I need some special pin to connect them ? Cus the Jack's on the receiver don't look like clipers but actually round jack for pins .. I hope u understand my confusion
Yes, I think I understood :) You are talking about spring clips

versus binding posts (on the amp/receiver)

Try 14AWG wire, it should fit in both. For the binding posts, you unscrew them a little and insert the wire through the side. Or you attach banana plugs to the ends and just insert them into the ends.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=091-330

Last edited:
S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Thanks so much .. saves money in the solution :) I have a clear picture now :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis