Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
got my new receiver all setup :D feels good to be using a Sony receiver again. although it seems like the subwoofer output on it is a bit quiet compared to my old one (old one had a built in sub amp though) but i fixed that by putting my sansui equalizer back in use. so until i sell my sub i have a sort of dedicated sub amp (the old yamaha) :D

but i am really liking this new receiver so far. it doesn't have too many new features that my str-dg500 didn't but it is just oozing with features that my Yamaha didn't. i wish there was a button on the remote for the dynamic range compression since i'm gonna have to start turning that on every night (i can do that on my pc but its a bit of a pain). i can honestly say that that Yamaha was possibly one of my worst audio investments ever...

and now.... i have to figure out what i did to mess up the sub volume again.... i guess the built in sub amp was perhaps more beefy than i thought since powering my sub from the right front speaker out seems to require quite a bit of equalization for any bass to be heard....

and now the sub is running off the sub out on the yamaha.... and at -10db volume it is still about as quiet...... i give up.

i know this is probably the worst thread on here to ask but i dont wanna bother with a whole thread for this, so what does this mean? or maybe this is how good receivers are supposed to be.... maybe i just need a proper 500w amp for my sub...

the yamaha just sounds like garbage above -5db

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
got my new receiver all setup :D feels good to be using a Sony receiver again. although it seems like the subwoofer output on it is a bit quiet compared to my old one (old one had a built in sub amp though) but i fixed that by putting my sansui equalizer back in use. so until i sell my sub i have a sort of dedicated sub amp (the old yamaha) :D

but i am really liking this new receiver so far. it doesn't have too many new features that my str-dg500 didn't but it is just oozing with features that my Yamaha didn't. i can honestly say that that Yamaha was possibly one of my worst audio investments ever...

and now.... i have to figure out what i did to mess up the sub volume again.... i guess the built in sub amp was perhaps more beefy than i thought since powering my sub from the right front speaker out seems to require quite a bit of equalization for any bass to be heard....

and now the sub is running off the sub out on the yamaha.... and at -10db volume it is still about as quiet...... i give up.

i know this is probably the worst thread on here to ask but i dont wanna bother with a whole thread for this, so what does this mean? or maybe this is how good receivers are supposed to be.... maybe i just need a proper 500w amp for my sub...

the yamaha just sounds like garbage above -5db
What Yamaha did you have I have 2 Yamaha recievers in both my systeams and I'm getting a 3erd one for my 3erd systeam

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
it powered the infinity just fine when i was using it as my main amp though, its a horrible receiver but it powered my infinity great when i was using it alone

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
it powered the infinity just fine when i was using it as my main amp though, its a horrible receiver but it powered my infinity great when i was using it alone
I think you may have a few problems with your gear my Yamaha amps run Myn perfect and they sound grate you need a proper power amp to run a car sub

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
My cat just farted in my face :(
Lol my kid does that all the time well not in my face but his a deadly weapon :D
Quick question why was the cat in your face?
Or is this another sexual act in Canada??

Last edited:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Lol my kid does that all the time well not in my face but his a deadly weapon :D
Quick question why was the cat in your face?
Or is this another sexual act in Canada??
He was watching hockey while laying on my stomach..... Then I detected an odour most foul and shoved him to the side.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis