Finding Nemo BD *finally*

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It finally has a date and is up for preorder. I guess I will be going for the 3D version. I presume they redid the film to take advantage of 3D and that is what took so long? They are also re-releasing it in theaters.

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Nemo-Three-Disc-Collectors-Edition/dp/B00867GJYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346172178&sr=8-1&keywords=finding+nemo+blu+ray

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Five-Disc-Ultimate-Collectors-Edition/dp/B00867GHS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346172178&sr=8-2&keywords=finding+nemo+blu+ray

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it has been up for a while, but I didn't see the 3D version until now. I just preordered that :) Still a long way off. Nobody had mentioned it here, so I figured I would since there had been a lot of speculation about it so we could all get a DTS-HD MA track of "Darla" :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Totally slipped my mind to mention it, so good thing you did. I guess I got too excited when Amazon finally sent me an e-mail saying it was finally being released. :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes yes, you finally found me and I am in 3D... well, technically I am in 4D... or 2D since I'm only text on your computer screen...

T

tistru

Enthusiast
Yeah, it was a great flick for all ages. I remember when this film first came out on DVD, it was one of the best looking and sounding movie experiences I had up to that point. I heard Ellen Degeneres say that they are working on a sequel. After all these years, Nemo got lost again!? Not the brightest fish in the ocean huh...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Now that this is out, has anyone picked it up yet?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't had time to sit down and watch it though. Maybe this weekend :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mine was supposed to be here yesterday, but arrived today. Watching tonight.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've been waiting for Nemo since I first got a BDP! I LOVE Finding Nemo!
I know, me too. Hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight. Having it for almost two days and not being able to watch it is killing me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night and now I think I understand why it took them so long. It actually seems like they remastered the whole thing for 3D. Textures are amazingly even more crisp now, color is awesome and the 3D effect is pretty excellent. The 3D is not quite enough to take top honors, but it is definitely up there with the best looking ones.

The audio does seem improved over the previous DVD. Oh, and yes, it is still going to give your sub(s) a workout :D The mines, the sub on the cliff, and Darla are all quite nice.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Watched it last night and now I think I understand why it took them so long. It actually seems like they remastered the whole thing for 3D. Textures are amazingly even more crisp now, color is awesome and the 3D effect is pretty excellent. The 3D is not quite enough to take top honors, but it is definitely up there with the best looking ones.

The audio does seem improved over the previous DVD. Oh, and yes, it is still going to give your sub(s) a workout :D The mines, the sub on the cliff, and Darla are all quite nice.
I'm salivating! xD

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I also liked the new Pixar logo animation that they obviously did for the new 3D releases - rather than being static and the lamp hops in, it starts on end and rotates in as the lamp hops. Looks cool in 3D.

Something that snuck under my radar was the 3D release of Up that I just noticed today. I liked it, but probably won't pick that one up again just for the 3D, since I already own it on BD.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Watched it in 2D tonight and WOW. What a tremendous job they have done remastering the film, it looks absolutely gorgeous. It almost looks like it was made for blu-ray. One of the things that really stood out to me was any time Dory and Marlin were up out of the water. Their shine and the reflective light off of their wet scales looked amazing. The sound was absolutely spot on, lots of nice low frequency effects in there. After seeing the movie it is completely acceptable for the long wait IMO because now I know it was because they really took the time to do it right not half a$$ it.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Just finished the 2d blu ray. Wow, looks absolutely fantastic. Darla sure tested out the dual subs too :p

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Yeah she did.

I loved the scene with the Sea Turtles riding the EAC. Great rumble. The iridescence of the fish scales amazed me. They really cleaned this up.

Kids can have the DVD, Daddy keeps the blu-ray.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis