Help...Samsung PN51D450 (720P) or the LG 47LS4500 (1080p)

A

All-Or-Nothing

Audioholic Intern
Kids room getting upgraded so I'm undecided between two TV sets.

The PN51D450 (720P) or the LG 47LS4500 (1080p)

What do you think is the better choice. It will play mostly downloaded 720p movies and Blu-Ray discs. Viewing distance is at 12 feet also.

Forgot to mention lots of Xbox 360 and PS3 gaming also.

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
For a kid's playroom - you don't want a plasma.

Inevitably, there will be video games played, and they will leave something on - perhaps for a long time. This is not what you want to worry about with a plasma.

I hate LG as a company due to personally knowing people who have seen their LG displays fail (about half a dozen of them), so I don't recommend them at all.

They have a great price, and their poor build quality is the reason for their great price.

I would get Vizio over LG, and Samsung or Sony or Sharp over Vizio. But, you have to watch your budget I'm sure. Still, you are now informed, so if you go LG, it is a gamble you know you are taking.

A

All-Or-Nothing

Audioholic Intern
For a kid's playroom - you don't want a plasma.

Inevitably, there will be video games played, and they will leave something on - perhaps for a long time. This is not what you want to worry about with a plasma.

I hate LG as a company due to personally knowing people who have seen their LG displays fail (about half a dozen of them), so I don't recommend them at all.

They have a great price, and their poor build quality is the reason for their great price.

I would get Vizio over LG, and Samsung or Sony or Sharp over Vizio. But, you have to watch your budget I'm sure. Still, you are now informed, so if you go LG, it is a gamble you know you are taking.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually like LG. I have a 42" plasma and another 50" plasma in other rooms in my house and they have been perfect. No problems at all and they are both from LG. Everyone's experiences are different I guess.

Speaking of a budget both of my choices are roughly the same price but I am worried i will miss the extra screen inches due to my viewing distance being at 12 feet. I am overseas and with my APO address the 47" is the largest I can ship. I can get the 51" right now here but it is only 720P however the viewing distance cancels out any 1080p advantage. The family likes the large size of the screen and I just don't want to be disappointed if I go with the 47" LG.

Edit: I have never had a burn-in problem with any of my TVs and I know my kids leave the games sitting while I'm at work all day. I am fine with Plasma.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis