Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Almost didn't make it to work this morning. You'd think it was because of the snow, but no. Some fool in a dump truck didn't check to make sure that the plywood in his truck was secure enough to travel down the interstate. At 70mph a huge piece came flying out and headed straight at my windshield. I managed to miss it, but the guy behind me wasn't so lucky. Several other cars, behind him, ended up being involved too.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow that is scary. Glad you were not the guy behind you. We've had a few accidents here over the years with log trucks not securing their loads.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Almost didn't make it to work this morning. You'd think it was because of the snow, but no. Some fool in a dump truck didn't check to make sure that the plywood in his truck was secure enough to travel down the interstate. At 70mph a huge piece came flying out and headed straight at my windshield. I managed to miss it, but the guy behind me wasn't so lucky. Several other cars, behind him, ended up being involved too.
That's not fun. I've had tires fly at me. One took out my undercarriage last week, but what fool doesn't tie or weigh down his plywood. :rolleyes:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That's not fun. I've had tires fly at me. One took out my undercarriage last week, but what fool doesn't tie or weigh down his plywood. :rolleyes:
Sorry about your undercarriage. Were you able to track down the owner and have his insurance cover it?

I don't know. The world is made up of so many types that I just don't understand. I guess we have to remember that half the people in the world have below average IQ's. And that will never change.;)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've seen a mattress and a metal hand cart, like this:

The hand cart was particularly scary. You couldn't really see what it was until you got up close to it. My mom's favorite driving story is how she and my dad almost hit a bull while driving through Louisiana :eek:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry about your undercarriage. Were you able to track down the owner and have his insurance cover it?

I don't know. The world is made up of so many types that I just don't understand. I guess we have to remember that half the people in the world have below average IQ's. And that will never change.;)
No it came off a semi and the semi was long gone. The guy in front of me made a very quick lane change too soon for me to see it. This was rush hour traffic at around 80 MPH.

Thankfully it didn't take out my car. Only my undercarriage. It could have been worse. I always take solace in that. I once saw a guy loose a tire and his brake pad. But he was able to get his care over to the right shoulder. His tire and wheel literally went bouncing down the road and thankfully into the median. Still he didn't lose control. Which is a miracle IMO.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

The hand cart was particularly scary. You couldn't really see what it was until you got up close to it. My mom's favorite driving story is how she and my dad almost hit a bull while driving through Louisiana :eek:
My gosh that is crazy.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I once saw a guy loose a tire ...
In the fourth grade I organized a small group of kids to stand up a tractor tire in our play ground and roll it into an intersection. Yes, I've always been a thoughtless @$$.:rolleyes:

On that note it's killing me not to post that image of 'free cat' in Adam's HT thread. :eek:

Thanks for teaching me to use google. :p

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

A few years ago, I was behind an 18 wheeler. It's brake lights came on and it started to bounce. I slowed down because it looked like he was out of control. Then the last set of wheels bounced over something in the road. It was what was left of a black bear. I had no trouble going around it though. Laying on it's side it was half way up my door.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
In the fourth grade I organized a small group of kids to stand up a tractor tire in our play ground and roll it into an intersection. Yes, I've always been a thoughtless @$$.:rolleyes:

On that note it's killing me not to post that image of 'free cat' in Adam's HT thread. :eek:

Thanks for teaching me to use google. :p
You were a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy.... :eek:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I can remember going to a horse show as a teenager and watching a wheel bounce past us on the road. I was like that sure looked like our spare tire on the horse trailer. We pull over and it was not the spare. One of the wheels had sheared the wheel studs and came right off. It was a 4 wheel trailer so it did not slide out or bottom out. We were lucky as there were two horses in the trailer.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord

wooow, good to hear you're s&s, people like that should be locked in for a long while!

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Many clever people out there, like this one:

He planned to take garbage bin and tow it to where it's supposed to be set when they empty it, and then forgot....

Every now and then we hear about people driving onto the the motorway with garbage bin''s on the back... sometimes with garbage flying all over the area :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis