2012 Consumer Electronics Christmas Gifts Guide

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I think Christmas is coming sooner and sooner each year. At least it sure feels that way. We've geared up our annual Electronics Christmas Gift Buying Guide in an effort to let you know about what we think is great and enticing in the market. It may not be largely home theater-based, but that's because this is the time of year when we branch out into other areas and just include what we think is compelling, innovative, or well... just plain bizarre. In either case we hope this electronics buying guide serves you well as you prepare for the Christmas buying frenzy.

Discuss "2012 Consumer Electronics Christmas Gifts Guide" here. Read the article.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If I "gifted" her the OmniMount ActionMount Play40DS TV Wall Mount, I swear my wife will find a way to mount my head using it.

DreamUnicorn

DreamUnicorn

Enthusiast
I'm not sure why wearing Yamaha headphones would make me feel like I'm riding a Ducati...but I'm trying not to be offended! :p

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
cheaper over the ear headphone suggestion?

Anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper (maybe $50) over the ear headphones?

Skull Candy? These will be for a pre-teen son, so they have to have a coolness factor.

Looking for reasonable good sound quality vs. cost - and many of the brands are unfamiliar to me.

Thanks!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper (maybe $50) over the ear headphones?

Skull Candy? These will be for a pre-teen son, so they have to have a coolness factor.

Looking for reasonable good sound quality vs. cost - and many of the brands are unfamiliar to me.

Thanks!
Sennheiser HD203, $30 shipped on Amazon.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Also liking what I'm seeing about Grado SR60i - but they are "open back" so I beleive that means (to some extent) veryone will hear the music...
Yup, open back means there will be sound leaking out.

If you're looking at the Grado's and going over budget by 80%, you might as well spring for the SR80's and over budget 100% :D.

cheska

Audiophyte
Trinket Boxes

Trinket Boxes are perfect to keep jewels and other trinkets. The adornments on the top of the trinket boxes vary according to the designers and clients whims and fancies. Make charming gifts to celebrate a special occasion or simply to brighten someone's day.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Trinket Boxes are perfect to keep jewels and other trinkets. The adornments on the top of the trinket boxes vary according to the designers and clients whims and fancies. Make charming gifts to celebrate a special occasion or simply to brighten someone's day.
Trinket boxes...aka stash boxes? ;)

DreamUnicorn

DreamUnicorn

Enthusiast
I own some Grados and some Sennies. Love em both. My suggestion: ANYTHING BUT SCULLCANDY.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
I own some Grados and some Sennies. Love em both. My suggestion: ANYTHING BUT SCULLCANDY.
How much do Grados leak? Is it that people sitting next to you on bus will know what you're listening too as something just a bit more that 'pink' noise, or is leakage enough to cause people to complain? ~assuming normal, healthy volume levels.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis