Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It depresses me to read stuff like this. I miss my balls so much. :(

:D
It's your own fault. When Cheryl said "You need to go see the doctor for a checkup", you should've been suspicious when the sign over his door said "Veterinarian".:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'd trade my hair for my eyesight any day. The last 3 or 4 years have forced me to wear f^%&ing progressive lens bifocals. I'm wiring up my gear and I can't see sh!t. I tilt my head up, then down, then I take the glasses off because I can still sort of see well enough to get past this. Wire your systems up good as you approach 40. Once you're pushing 50 the degree of difficulty is pushed up due to poor vision. First world problems. :rolleyes:

I've almost got all my speaker wire banana-ed into the rec'r and amp. ;)
So, you're probably going to wonder why you're hearing movie dialogue coming from behind you.:p

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
what is Google?
is it a new fast food chain?
Google is like "fast food for your mind". :)

Google should be around shortly ... after all, rumor has it that Klipsch speakers are now available there.

Steve

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Derailing this thread again with some Audio stuff, have you heard about this guys?

I found this to be an exceeeeeeeeedingly good read :D
Road Tips: Paul W. Klipsch

Please read gentlemen :p

Interesting how Paul W. Klipsch in the 50's promoted a center channel to make a better stereo system, while people hardly even heard about stereo, never mind a third speaker, this is amazing :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I must say for all his trolling Westom finally delivered a memorable quote.

Apparently when it floods he only needs a shovel of dirt. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My dad, who hasn't asked for anything for Christmas for years, asked for something this weekend - a DVD of a movie. While it was an American movie, for some reason, it's only available as a Region 2 PAL disc. Awesome. :rolleyes: So, I think that I'm about to buy my parents their first blu-ray player...a region free one that will play PAL discs. Problem is, it's not all that stylish looking.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My dad, who hasn't asked for anything for Christmas for years, asked for something this weekend - a DVD of a movie. While it was an American movie, for some reason, it's only available as a Region 2 PAL disc. Awesome. :rolleyes: So, I think that I'm about to buy my parents their first blu-ray player...a region free one that will play PAL discs. Problem is, it's not all that stylish looking.
Well...maybe not. I found the disc on eBay, but I just went to order it, and it's not there anymore (there were "more than 10 available" on Saturday).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
STOP ONE MINUTE AND REMEMBER GIMPY RIC !!!!!

Steve's remarks yesterday about wearing a hat when feeling insecure somehow reminded me about the original boring thread where the late Gimpy Ric were ever so present...

His attitude, spirit and mood that he brought into this forum is something I will never forget and it's a good challenge to try to live up to his standards in this way. Just the avatar he put onto his profile is something else....

Gimpy Ric was the one that introduced the concept of Tin Foil Hats to protect from aliens trying to catch us, the tin foil hats would serve as a shield to the brainwaves that aliens could interrogate to catch us... consequently these hats served as the ultimate shield for our own protection.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/steam-vent/48675-really-boring-stuff-only-post477978.html?highlight=tin+foil#post477978

For those of you who were not so fortunate to communicate directly with Gimpy Ric, you really missed out on something great.
We were shocked to read later how serious his health condition were and that he was typing the posts employing a stick, using his mouth....

you were great mate, miss you !
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/steam-vent/56154-gimpy-ric-passed-away.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
To Tripp Lite or not to Tripp Lite. I have about three minutes until the Amazon sale to decide...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis