B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

Matt34

Matt34

I listened to The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack 3 times yesterday on the B&W 802D2 + Funk 18.

I didn't realize how much bass was on this soundtrack. :eek:

My 10 yr old daughter was in the kitchen. She said, "Dad, could you please turn down your subwoofer because the glass cabinet doors around me are SHAKING! :eek: " :D

I figured my wife would be used to subs by now. I've played DefTech Trinity, Rythmik, RBH subs at the same volume.

But she also came to my HT room and said, "Is this shaking normal?" :eek:

So I had no choice but to turn it down. I guess the only time I can truly play at good levels is when no one else is home. :D
I swear when you go with 18" subs, they bring something special into the mix.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I swear when you go with 18" subs, they bring something special into the mix.;)
Which reminds me that when I bought the 802D2, everyone at the dealer was frowning when I said I would pair the 802D2 with dual 18" Funk subs. Everyone said 18" subs are "too slow". :D They said 10" subs are the best and fastest. They are so clueless. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Audio by Van Alstine has made a switch box that allows you to connect two preamplifiers, two power amplifiers, three speaker system pairs, and a subwoofer (with both in and out connections). You can mix and match any pair of components and speakers (with or without subwoofers), and control the selections from the supplied remote control.

New ABX test box that really works

I saw this in action last weekend at the CAF. Dennis Murphy used it to switch between the Phil 2 and 3 while using a single set of electronic gear: CD player, DAC, preamp, and amp. It worked well.

If ever there was a customer for this item, it has to be you! :D
Can that Van Alstine ABX Box be ordered now? I don't see it on their website.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
From France, about two weeks including clearing customs should be fine. It would be longer if they are shipped from China.:D:D
No, the US has overstock of Chinese speakers for the next 10 years. :eek: :D

I almost bought some Amphion Argon speakers that are made in Finland. That would take as long as those made in England. You know it took 16 weeks for my KEF to arrive? :eek:

Yeah, shipped from England to USA by boat, carried by foot to my house. :eek:

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Which reminds me that when I bought the 802D2, everyone at the dealer was frowning when I said I would pair the 802D2 with dual 18" Funk subs. Everyone said 18" subs are "too slow". :D They said 10" subs are the best and fastest. They are so clueless. :D
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis