B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't heard all from Alison Krauss, Gillian Welch, & Steeldrivers. Just a few songs.

I heard mainly Goat Rodeo Sessions, Sarah Jarosz, Sierra Hull, and Wailin' Jennys.

It seems to me like Krauss, Welch, and Steeldrivers are more "Country" than Jarosz, Hull, and Jennys? :D

Or do you consider them all equally Bluegrass?
If all depends on what a person wishes to hear, Country or the older REAL country had a lot of it's feeling in Bluegrass where today's NEW country is a lot like rock and roll. I on the other hand since I do play a flat top and a few more "Bluegrass" instruments I like more instrumentals than "singing",The Tony Rice Unit, Bryan Sutton, Hot Buttered Rum (Videos) among others, now for female singers Rhonda Vincent, ( The Storm Still Rages) is a really talented female and not bad looking either.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I found out last Friday from one of the sales guys that they fired the guy who dropped my 802D. I'm thinking this wasn't the first time?:eek:
Well, that sucks. Everyone makes mistakes and he should get a second chance. But, like you say, that may have been his second chance.

And surely the dealer had insurance, so it shouldn't have been a total loss for him.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, that sucks. Everyone makes mistakes and he should get a second chance. But, like you say, that may have been his second chance.

And surely the dealer had insurance, so it shouldn't have been a total loss for him.
Yeah, I felt bad when I heard that. I heard it was a heated discussion with cursing involved. :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Rhonda Vincent, ( The Storm Still Rages) is a really talented female and not bad looking either.
I'll check her out.......not because she's sexy or anything like that....oh no.....:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, Sarah Jarosz and Sierra Hull are my 2 favorite Bluegrass singers after listening to all the recommended Bluegrass albums. :D

Anyway, I was listening to Sarah Jarosz "Follow Me Down" album on the B&W and Funk. Volume was -25.0. My daughter comes in and tells me the bass is shaking her room. :eek: So I had to turn down the volume to -40.0. :eek: This album has some bass. :D

T

toddt007

Audioholic Intern
Well, Sarah Jarosz and Sierra Hull are my 2 favorite Bluegrass singers after listening to all the recommended Bluegrass albums. :D

Anyway, I was listening to Sarah Jarosz "Follow Me Down" album on the B&W and Funk. Volume was -25.0. My daughter comes in and tells me the bass is shaking her room. :eek: So I had to turn down the volume to -40.0. :eek: This album has some bass. :D
It's a toe tapper aint it? ;) Ring them bells, and my muse are my favorites on that album. :D

T

toddt007

Audioholic Intern
I'm listening to that album now! And as Ren and Stimpy would say.
lol! :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm listening to that album now! And as Ren and Stimpy would say.
lol! :cool:
I would play that album now, except my kids are asleep and the bass might wake them. :D

So I'm listening to Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just listened to some of my favorite compilation rock/ pop/ alternative music on the 802D2/ TSAD18. Best experience I've ever had. Don't know if it's the wine. :D But man, the sound from this pair is exquisite.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I just listened to some of my favorite compilation rock/ pop/ alternative music on the 802D2/ TSAD18. Best experience I've ever had. Don't know if it's the wine. :D But man, the sound from this pair is exquisite.
ADTG, I like reading your posts a lot, but I'm finding you have a lot of "best experiences". :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG, I like reading your posts a lot, but I'm finding you have a lot of "best experiences". :)
It's all in the mood.;)

I realize these are all great speakers and they are all "best". But it's the MOOD that gives us the EXPERIENCE.:D

When we are sad, none of these speakers can give us a great experience. But in a great mood, any of these can give us that great experience.;)

That's what all these magazine reviewers tell us. That's why the newest and most expensive speakers are the "best" and "better" than before. It's really just the reviewer's mood that is the best and better than before, not the speakers or amps.:D

When we are really happy, at that very moment, we say "This is the happiest moment of my life!"

But there are many moments and will be many more moments. :)

BTW, I updated my video to include the 802D2 and Funk 18.0.

Speakers & Subs - YouTube

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It's all in the mood.;)

I realize these are all great speakers and they are all "best". But it's the MOOD that gives us the EXPERIENCE.:D

When we are sad, none of these speakers can give us a great experience. But in a great mood, any of these can give us that great experience.;)

That's what all these magazine reviewers tell us. That's why the newest and most expensive speakers are the "best" and "better" than before. It's really just the reviewer's mood that is the best and better than before, not the speakers or amps.:D

When we are really happy, at that very moment, we say "This is the happiest moment of my life!"

But there are many moments and will be many more moments. :)

BTW, I updated my video to include the 802D2 and Funk 18.0.

Speakers & Subs - YouTube
I think AcuDefTechGuy is under going a physiological event with his speakers..:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I listened to The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack 3 times yesterday on the B&W 802D2 + Funk 18.

I didn't realize how much bass was on this soundtrack. :eek:

My 10 yr old daughter was in the kitchen. She said, "Dad, could you please turn down your subwoofer because the glass cabinet doors around me are SHAKING! :eek: " :D

I figured my wife would be used to subs by now. I've played DefTech Trinity, Rythmik, RBH subs at the same volume.

But she also came to my HT room and said, "Is this shaking normal?" :eek:

So I had no choice but to turn it down. I guess the only time I can truly play at good levels is when no one else is home. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
:D
I listened to The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack 3 times yesterday on the B&W 802D2 + Funk 18.

I didn't realize how much bass was on this soundtrack. :eek:

My 10 yr old daughter was in the kitchen. She said, "Dad, could you please turn down your subwoofer because the glass cabinet doors around me are SHAKING! :eek: " :D

I figured my wife would be used to subs by now. I've played DefTech Trinity, Rythmik, RBH subs at the same volume.

But she also came to my HT room and said, "Is this shaking normal?" :eek:

So I had no choice but to turn it down. I guess the only time I can truly play at good levels is when no one else is home. :D

:eek: well there ya go. All of these fancy dancy speakers and your wife and daughter are controlling your ability to enjoy them. You got to get you a acoustically sealed and treated room to enjoy your stuff, might as well be using headphones.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:D

:eek: well there ya go. All of these fancy dancy speakers and your wife and daughter are controlling your ability to enjoy them. You got to get you a acoustically sealed and treated room to enjoy your stuff, might as well be using headphones.:D
No. They just need to get used to the Funk 18.0 subs. :cool:

I will also close my double doors next time I listen to music. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis