Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Spent the last 6 days without AC in the mid-upper 90's! Nice to be back in the civilized world :D
Just in time for the temperature to drop back into the 80's finally... :mad:
What does that mean? 90s aren't that hot. :rolleyes:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
What does that mean? 90s aren't that hot. :rolleyes:
The temperature here usually hits the 90's for about 3-4 days in the summer, if we're "lucky". Usually it's mid-upper 80's at most. It's been in the upper 90's-low 100's for the past three weeks and I'm tired of it! I lived down in Augusta, GA for nine months for a co-op job while I'm still in school and hated it. I don't like the heat, I'm made to be in the cold apparently.
I need to go back up north with the real snowthrowers, not them chincy driveway ones everyone seems to need nowadays.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The temperature here usually hits the 90's for about 3-4 days in the summer, if we're "lucky". Usually it's mid-upper 80's at most. It's been in the upper 90's-low 100's for the past three weeks and I'm tired of it! I lived down in Augusta, GA for nine months for a co-op job while I'm still in school and hated it. I don't like the heat, I'm made to be in the cold apparently.
I need to go back up north with the real snowthrowers, not them chincy driveway ones everyone seems to need nowadays.

Gotta toughen up. Here in Fort Worth, TX we regularly get the wonderful warm 100+ weather. It's perfect for sneaking into certain Members pools.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Putting drywall up on the ceiling is not for 2 people with no clue how.

I feel like a truck ran me down ...
Not only can I imagine but I might have seen this scenario play out a time or two and I have felt your pain ... but at least I got to work through inexperience with youth. I can only hope you didn't damage anything permanently by trying to save a buck you beepetty bleep bleep. No ... really ... I hope you're okay. :p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Not only can I imagine but I might have seen this scenario play out a time or two and I have felt your pain ... but at least I got to work through inexperience with youth. I can only hope you didn't damage anything permanently by trying to save a buck you beepetty bleep bleep. No ... really ... I hope you're okay. :p
I'm afraid to ask if he used 2-1/2" or 3" screws...:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All this talk of short screws...

Dang, I just forgot why I started posting.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just remembered. My order from Tommy Hilfiger is still "pending." What? Just ship it already.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks. We're ok. Just very sore. And not the good kind of sore.:eek:

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Worked on finishing my basement over the weekend. I should have paid someone to do it instead. Putting drywall up on the ceiling is not for 2 people with no clue how. Especially when one is 51 yrs old, and the other is 4' 7" tall. (Not to mention a 3 year old pulling on my leg while I was on the ladder) Somehow we managed, but I feel like a truck ran me down, backed up to make sure he got me, then gunned it to get good running start. Aleve isn't cutting it. I need something stronger. 4:20 anyone?
I admire you for trying this yourself, but damn, some things are better left to professionals. Pics?

I have had estimates on dry walling my basement range anywhere from $2500 - $11,000 to one guy who was so drunk, I convinced him to let me drive him home and told him he could pick his car up later. I can repair drywall, but hanging it, especially a ceiling, not so much. Much respect to Gmichael

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis