Light Em Up Your Background Theater Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let's see your background lights!

Here is my very modest lighting for Underworld last night:

All Shots Taken With My Trusty Fuji E550.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Looks good. I can't have background lights with the PJ.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks. I assume you said projector screen? You can always use Christmas lights.:D

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
I typically stick with a black background since my intention is to look at the picture and not the things around it...

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Hockey:

It is always recommended to have ambient lighting in a room when viewing a plasma, LCD, LED etc. The best place for ambient light is behind the panel itself. This way you don't get reflections or glare off the screen. The reason you want some mild light during viewing is the reduction of eye strain & fatigue.

If your watching a movie & it goes from a dark scene to say a bright outdoor scene there is a sudden increase of light that will cause you to squint & can sometimes be a little uncomfortable. By having a soft light behind the screen you keep a more constant brightness in the room. So those dark scenes won't have your room super dark & when the bright scene hits your eyes aren't so shocked.

I am not a personal fan of all the different colors behind the screen but that is just personal taste & many people love them. I do, however, have a dim white led rope light behind my plasma. Sometimes I don't use it but most of the time it's on.

The only time you want a pitch black room is when your running a projector. In this case the lighting would negatively effect the picture quality.

There have been TVs from manufacturers like Phillips that incorporated lights behind their panels that changed color & intensity mimicking what is being displayed on the tv itself. It's actually pretty cool to see in action & isn't distracting like you'd first think. My sister/bro-in-law have one, it's not bad!! It's not something that caught on for other brands but many people add some type of light behind the panel. You should give it a try!!!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks cool man, but why are there white circles there? I like the Purple and Blue NICE.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Looks cool man, but why are there white circles there? I like the Purple and Blue NICE.
My walls are white and the lights are to clos to the walls witch is why I have the white spots :( cheers mate I enjoy making things look good

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have had this for years. I use a multi-color LED now and tend to keep it on a violet or blue since reds and oranges tend to contrast too much with most movies. I set it to "cycle" while listening to music :cool:

Previously had this under my rack:

I have not reinstalled the LEDs since moving this year, but I will get around to it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here some new shots for ya Bryceo! :D Blue this time. Need to get Red and Green again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis