Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Boy, is this thread starting to live up to its name or what? Not much being posted lately...

Anyway, last Saturday, after shovelling the garden mulch out of the truck, I figured it was time for the first wax job of the year (Don't get excited Adam - I don't mean manscaping:rolleyes:). I had only recently heard of claying and had decided to give it a try. After washing the truck, I clayed it, using the detailer that came with the kit as a lubricant.

I'm not really sure if it made much of a difference. I didn't pick up much in the way of contaminants - even after a winter of salt, crud and cr@p. :confused: The surface certainly felt slicker, but that might just be the detailer. I then applied a coat of wax and it looks great. But, it doesn't look any better than the last time I waxed - last Fall. The truck is only a year old, so maybe I shouldn't expect a huge difference.

I'll try it again on the wife's X-Trail, which is 7 years old, and see if there is a more pronounced difference.

Any other opinions on the utility of claying?

Surely, this post qualifies as boring.;)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know what it is, but I've been very tired all week.
This happened to me and I didn't worry about it until I passed out at the grocery. Any changes in habits? Any bug bites? Any midget hookers?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Lack of protein is the best guess. Blood work was all good. I was trying a vegan diet.
I can't quite get there, myself. I've been trying to get to a "weekday vegetarian" diet for the past three weeks, where I won't eat meat except for on weekends. I saw a short video where a guy suggested it, and it sounds good to me. I was actually wondering last week sometime if I was so woozy because of a lack of protein. I ate some tuna just in case, but I'm not convinced that was the case.

I know that I can get enough protein without animal products, but I wasn't eating enough that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis