Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Speaking of PPE, make sure you have gloves of every type, goggles, face shield, 5-point harness with fall arresting lanyard, hearing protection, hard hat, bump cap, chemical apron, steel toed boots, rubber chemical boots, arc fault suit, welding helmet, welding jacket, full face respirator with various "up-to-date" cartridge types, SCBA breathing equipment with extra tanks and you better have a few Level "A" protective suits on hand. Now you ready to go to work. :eek:
Better make sure you have taken the respective week-long class to be certified to use each of the aforementioned PPE devices.

I didn't go to the how-to-wear-goggles-and-earplugs class so I am not allowed to go into any areas that require goggles or earplugs... :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So, on Friday I stopped at a lumber yard to get some wood to build some windows flower boxes for the wife. When I got home, she asked why I was late. I said "I have wood.....for your, um....box." :D

Yesterday was beautiful - I built three boxes to replace the ones, which old and rotten. I also installed leaf screens on my roof gutters. I'm tired of cleaning them out several times a year.

I doubt that I was in compliance with OSHAWA during my labors.:D

Yes, this indeed a boring post.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After my dishwasher was installed on Friday, I noticed that it would slide in and out at the bottom. "Awesome :rolleyes:," was my general reaction. So, I did some investigation, pull off the bottom flap, looked underneath, and discovered that the installers hadn't adjusted the back feet - they were hovering off of the floor by about an inch. So, the dishwasher was only supported on the front feet and top screw brackets. I'm more and more glad that the guys wouldn't take a tip. They made a mess, and they didn't even install it correctly. I sure love wriggling my arm through the already installed water lines to get to the adjustments for the back feet, hoping the whole time that I don't break something. The sound insulation also isn't completely on right, so I'm considering pulling the darn thing out.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
They made a mess, and they didn't even install it correctly. I sure love wriggling my arm through the already installed water lines to get to the adjustments for the back feet, hoping the whole time that I don't break something. The sound insulation also isn't completely on right, so I'm considering pulling the darn thing out.
Call the delivery company and complain. Did you pay extra for delivery? Maybe ask for a partial refund and to send someone to fix the problem. If you break something you're SOL, if they break something, free dishwasher.

Good luck

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Call the delivery company and complain. Did you pay extra for delivery? Maybe ask for a partial refund and to send someone to fix the problem. If you break something you're SOL, if they break something, free dishwasher.

Good luck
Thanks, man. I didn't pay extra for delivery or installation. I'd call and ask for someone to come back out, but honestly, I'd rather not deal with the hassle. It's easier for me to adjust the feet than to clean up after someone else.

From what the guy said after I asked how many of these they do a week (after I watched how they did it, so I was curious how much practice they'd had), I got the firm impression that this was the first time that they'd installed one in a house where someone had already moved in. They mostly do installs for builders. So, they likely weren't used to taking an old one out (hence, the water spills and nothing to clean it up with), but I'd think that they'd still check the feet.

I'll definitely let Amazon know about it so that they think about how they want these delivered in the future.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I am, for now, done messing with the dishwasher. I tried stuffing some insulation underneath of it, but that didn't work out so well. I should have tried thinner insulation.

majorloser

majorloser

Better make sure you have taken the respective week-long class to be certified to use each of the aforementioned PPE devices.

I didn't go to the how-to-wear-goggles-and-earplugs class so I am not allowed to go into any areas that require goggles or earplugs... :rolleyes:
Unforunately I have and they make me take constant refresher courses. :(

You think those are boring, try a few on NIMS courses.:rolleyes:
Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program - National Incident Management System

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
So, while watching TV last night, this priest grabs a hot girl and plants one right on her lips. The girl looked shocked. (fade to black)

I turned to my wife and asked, "how would you respond if a priest kissed you like that?" Her reply was, "is he single?"

Huh?:confused:

What?:eek:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So, while watching TV last night, this priest grabs a hot girl and plants one right on her lips. The girl looked shocked. (fade to black)

I turned to my wife and asked, "how would you respond if a priest kissed you like that?" Her reply was, "is he single?"

Huh?:confused:

What?:eek:

Alex says if it's a Voodoo priest he's all in... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis