C

clostoyo

Enthusiast
Hello,

Im a new member from Florida that is trying to put together a nice setup for my Home Theater.

I have a pair of Axiom m22s , a Axiom vp150 , Bic f12 sub , yamaha rxa1000, OSD 300 amp, a pair of EMP e5ti for front that i use for music. Im looking into pair of QX8s for the rears. Thanks for all the great information on this site and im looking forward to being a member of this forum for a while.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hello,

Im a new member from Florida that is trying to put together a nice setup for my Home Theater.

I have a pair of Axiom m22s , a Axiom vp150 , Bic f12 sub , yamaha rxa1000, OSD 300 amp, a pair of EMP e5ti for front that i use for music. Im looking into pair of QX8s for the rears. Thanks for all the great information on this site and im looking forward to being a member of this forum for a while.
welcome to our forums. Sounds like you've off to a good start with the components you've assembled thus far. I recommend spending some time in Set-up tips section of the site to get some good info on tweaking the performance of your home theater.

See: Tips & Tricks — Reviews and News from Audioholics

Good luck!

C

clostoyo

Enthusiast
Thanks for the warm welcome , ill look into that link.

N

norml4721

Audioholic Intern

Hi ;

Welcome to the forum. i am fairly new myself. only a few months. i see you have some axiom gear. How do you like it? I always wanted to listen to there speakers. It's difficult to audition on line speaker companies. Although there forum is not to bad and there engineers are quite knowledgeable and will answer general questions if you bother to ask.

The people on this forum are more than willing to help. Also the AVS forum is a good source. I like the way they have threads for owners of a lot of the new equipment. I used them as a source as well as this forum to make buying decisions.

Home theater can be a little bit addictive but can be very enjoyable. (There are ceertainly worse addictions)

I see that you are looking for some rear surrounds. The axiom's certainly look good and will match what you currently have. I saw a pair of B & W rears for sale on Ebay yesterday auctioning for about $200 at the time you could probably pick them up for about $250. They go for about $800 new. Not a bad speaker. ( Just a thought )

Good luck in compleating your Home Theater.

Best,

Norm L

C

clostoyo

Enthusiast
Hi ;

Welcome to the forum. i am fairly new myself. only a few months. i see you have some axiom gear. How do you like it? I always wanted to listen to there speakers. It's difficult to audition on line speaker companies. Although there forum is not to bad and there engineers are quite knowledgeable and will answer general questions if you bother to ask.

The people on this forum are more than willing to help. Also the AVS forum is a good source. I like the way they have threads for owners of a lot of the new equipment. I used them as a source as well as this forum to make buying decisions.

Home theater can be a little bit addictive but can be very enjoyable. (There are ceertainly worse addictions)

I see that you are looking for some rear surrounds. The axiom's certainly look good and will match what you currently have. I saw a pair of B & W rears for sale on Ebay yesterday auctioning for about $200 at the time you could probably pick them up for about $250. They go for about $800 new. Not a bad speaker. ( Just a thought )

Good luck in compleating your Home Theater.

Best,

Norm L

Thanks Norm,

I like the Axiom brand but i will say that if your going to buy a pair of m22s you must pair them up with a decent subwoofer. They lack in the low end department. I love the clarity of them when i hooked them up to my OSD300 amp that gives them 150w @ 8ohms. They are very power hungry and my Yamaha rxa1000 was not pushing them enough for my taste. The vp150 is pretty nice, it has a very full sound with precise detail in voices. I really want to get a set of m60s but are out of my price range at the moment.

What type of B&W speakers were on ebay? I really would like to keep all my sorround speakers the same brand but i might go another route as i cant get the QX8s cheaper than $499. Ive heard alot of good reviews on the Emotiva sorround speakers so i might go that route. Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis