EKGaming to return 10% of all used game sales to publishers

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
EKGaming which is a new online retailer throws it's hat into the used game ring, they offer publishers 10% back in all their used game sales. For more on this story here's a link to VG24/7

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
End of $60 games?

- Psychologically, $60 just sounds expensive. This isn't anecdotal, this is common sense. Unless you're financially independent, $60 outright repels a vast slice of the entertainment consumer populace that the games industry desperately needs to convert to grow and survive.

- People are having fun playing more affordable games. The choice and product quality at the bottom end of the pricing scale -- anything under $15 or so -- has grown tremendously in a relatively short period of time. Games like Draw Something, Angry Birds, and Infinity Blade aren't only played by 'casual' gamers.
Why the end of the $60 video game is near | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Software development isn't easy or cheap though.
Yes, which is why they have movie sized budgets to do games now, but I do think they are getting a bit out of hand. I buy less games these days, even though I can afford $60 a game.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Yes, which is why they have movie sized budgets to do games now, but I do think they are getting a bit out of hand. I buy less games these days, even though I can afford $60 a game.
I buy less because so few are actually worth $60

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis