Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

Right now I am eating a pear and tuna right out of the can with 12 almonds to be followed up with tea and honey. Tomorrow I am going in to (real) work for the first time this year. I've spent the day making trouble, sleeping and stretching. This is about as fit as I've ever been returning to work after a lay off and I'd really like for it to be an injury free first couple of days.

I gotta get my tools sorted out and do some shopping for lunch stuff. Now that I've seen what a difference diet makes in how I feel I'm going to use this know how to help me get past the transition from soft to rock hard ... sheet rock hard. :D
Man, if I had been around here enough to know you were out of work, I would have flown you out here a couple weeks ago to help me with the drywall on my new mini-garage in the back yard. Now I can't put it off anymore and I have to figure out how to do it myself this weekend. :rolleyes:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So let it be written; so let it be done.
Slaves
Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed
To his every word, live in fear
Faith
Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait
Something must be done, four hundred years

So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh's son
I'm creeping death

Now
Let my people go, Land of Goshen
Go
I will be with thee, bush of fire
Blood
Running red and strong down the Nile
Plague
Darkness three days long, hail to fire

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man
Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man

I
Rule the midnight air, the destroyer
Born
I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I
Creep the steps and floor, final darkness
Blood
Lamb blood painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

...First thing that came to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry Brother, but if those 77 people all had guns and proper training, that shooter could have killed one...maybe two victims before being taken down himself. If you want to ensure double-digit victim counts, disarming all potential victims is the first step.

<= Canadian here...just relying on the good intentions of others for the protection of my own and my families lives.
Say this to the guy who shot and killed his daughter, he brought a gun because he thought there were burglars in the house, and he shot by reflex with a Magnum 45 towards the heaf of his daughter....

NRA is building upon a culture where you have the right to shoot anyone that's a threat yes......

So if you by some way step into the wrong garden there will be a maniac that targets you so you see the red laser spot on your shirt...... boon, you're dead and it's your fault....

Sounds good to me :confused:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know what guy you are talking about but if that happened of course it's a sad and terrible accident.

But what about all the homeowners who have protected themselves and their loved ones against intruders/armed robbers?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know what guy you are talking about but if that happened of course it's a sad and terrible accident.

But what about all the homeowners who have protected themselves and their loved ones against intruders/armed robbers?
Well, if you break into a house and you know that the owner of a house has a gun he will shoot first, because he know..... if not, he will be killed.

So this protection you believe in just makes you more unsafe

majorloser

majorloser

I live in the United States and I believe strongly in our Constitution, that includes the 2nd Amendment.

We have the right to own firearms and some of us elect to exercise our right to responsibly own many firearms.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I live in the United States and I believe strongly in our Constitution, that includes the 2nd Amendment.

We have the right to own firearms and some of us elect to exercise our right to responsibly own many firearms.
In some ways I agree with you and if a maniac attacks I would be very happy to have a good weapon at hand,
When I was in the national guard I had an AG-3 machine gun in my home by the order of the Norwegian Army, with a few hundred bullets and everything ready to go..... did it make me feel safer? no, not a chance....

Well.... I'm still not sure in general that the 2nd amendment make you safer... or not

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We should start a separate thread on this - but I disagree, in general. That can be a true statement for those who aren't properly trained and/or capable, but I don't think it's universally true.

Again, Harald, no one means any disrespect to you, your country, or those that were lost. We simply have differing opinions on the rationale and impact of owning guns.

There are responsible gun owners and irresponsible gun owners. The same is true for parents, but few people argue that humans should stop reproducing (but I'm getting there :)). The same is true for cars (like John mentioned), ladders, knives, hammers, pencils...pick an item, and someone will have probably have hurt themselves or others with it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if you break into a house and you know that the owner of a house has a gun he will shoot first, because he know..... if not, he will be killed.

That doesn't answer my question.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I said this already, and the second amendment sort of does not really come into play: criminals and insane people don't care what the laws are. The second amendment gives us the right to have arms to protect ourselves against criminals, insane people like that guy, terrorists, or whatever the case may be. It does not grant the right to kill.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Say this to the guy who shot and killed his daughter, he brought a gun because he thought there were burglars in the house, and he shot by reflex with a Magnum 45 towards the heaf of his daughter....

NRA is building upon a culture where you have the right to shoot anyone that's a threat yes......

So if you by some way step into the wrong garden there will be a maniac that targets you so you see the red laser spot on your shirt...... boon, you're dead and it's your fault....

Sounds good to me :confused:
I really don't like the thought of this thread being closed down because of gun/anti-gun talk and I believe there is some severely polarizing conversation developing here. I have to resist getting into it with you myself because I disagree so strongly but instead I would ask that the conversation on this particular subject be left alone out of the mutual respect we all have for each other's right to differing opinions...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Tomorrow I am going in to (real) work for the first time this year. I've spent the day making trouble, sleeping and stretching. This is about as fit as I've ever been returning to work after a lay off and I'd really like for it to be an injury free first couple of days.

I gotta get my tools sorted out and do some shopping for lunch stuff. Now that I've seen what a difference diet makes in how I feel I'm going to use this know how to help me get past the transition from soft to rock hard ... sheet rock hard. :D
Congratulations on the new gig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis