Need advice on AT screen for conference room

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Ok so I ended up going with a CineTension 2 135" from Elite Screens. Installed it this morning and it sure is perty! Now we need a projector...

However we have a bit of a tricky installation, projector needs to be mounted on a beam 7'2" from the screen, and needs to throw 135" of projection goodness while also having pretty good brightness output. Does something like this exist?
I don't know a single reasonable priced conference class projector that throws that if memory serves me correctly.

BenQ Projectors: BenQ W710ST DLP projector
This is not IMO suitable for conference room projection, but if your room is small then it should be okay.

Sanyo Projectors: Sanyo PLC-WM4500L 3 LCD projector
with a Sanyo Fixed Lens LNS-W21 would be perfect for your needs. It has sufficient brightness and fits the aspect ratio.

You really are limited with your chosen setup if you can move the projector back you open up to a lot of different projectors.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I suppose I could move the projector back.....but its a tricky setup no matter what....as there are drop lights hanging from conduit....I have been approved to have the lights raised...but I would rather avoid doing that....the lights are in the way if the projector is left at its current location. However if it is moved forward a beam (7FT from screen) or backward a beam (~15FT from screen). So you guys think back would be a better option? I'm going to test this hopefully today with the current projector and see if the lights get in the way.

BSA - I like your idea of going with a local vendor and seeing if we can get something in here to test out. Thanks.

I'll get back to you guys and let you know what I end up doing...:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I suppose I could move the projector back.....but its a tricky setup no matter what....as there are drop lights hanging from conduit....I have been approved to have the lights raised...but I would rather avoid doing that....the lights are in the way if the projector is left at its current location. However if it is moved forward a beam (7FT from screen) or backward a beam (~15FT from screen). So you guys think back would be a better option? I'm going to test this hopefully today with the current projector and see if the lights get in the way.

BSA - I like your idea of going with a local vendor and seeing if we can get something in here to test out. Thanks.

I'll get back to you guys and let you know what I end up doing...:)
At 15 feet you can get the projector I just hung in our church sanctuary it will certainly do the job in your facility.

ViewSonic Projectors: ViewSonic Pro8400 DLP projector.

Find Projectors By Feature is the place if you want to browse other options. Make sure you get 4000 lumens or you will get major wash out.

If you are uncomfortable doing this you can hire it out.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I will say that local vendors will NOT come out to your place to show you a $5,000 projector that they earn $300 on due to the proliferation of Internet pricing. Some places will come out to large venues with high dollar projectors and setups, but I can say that it is extremely rare when a commercial place will do so for one room. If the goal is to watch your cash, then take the square footage of the screen, multiply it by 80 lumens, then buy a projector with AT LEAST that many lumens.

Take the numbers and run it through the Projector Central calculator, linked above, and see what results you get.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I will say that local vendors will NOT come out to your place to show you a $5,000 projector that they earn $300 on due to the proliferation of Internet pricing. Some places will come out to large venues with high dollar projectors and setups, but I can say that it is extremely rare when a commercial place will do so for one room. If the goal is to watch your cash, then take the square footage of the screen, multiply it by 80 lumens, then buy a projector with AT LEAST that many lumens.

Take the numbers and run it through the Projector Central calculator, linked above, and see what results you get.
What would you say is the modifier for an ambient lighting situation?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I generally find that a typical board room in any business has a number of non-dimmable flouescent lights, and to have enough light to work from the minimum real world number is about 50 lumens per square foot. Taking in manufacturers bogus lumen claims, it typically works out very well if you plan for 80 lumens per square foot.

No real modifiers there, the 80 lumens per square foot is for a normally lit office space with typical flourescent lamps. Sunlight issues, etc. can boost that number significantly, but you've got enough headaches as it is without adding direct sunlight to the room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis