Good, Cheap AV Rack?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking for a good AV rack. Don't wanna spend a fortune, but want something reasonable durable. I used to have some bookmarks on this, but my computer crashed and can't seem to find them again with google.

Any good ideas?

J

jaymz

Enthusiast
What sort of Rack? One that's hidden/out-of-sight or one that's visible to the room? Or perhaps one that integrates your equipment w/a TV mount? Lots of options.

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Saving money is good, but not then you are getting a new rack :rolleyes:;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking for a good AV rack. Don't wanna spend a fortune, but want something reasonable durable. I used to have some bookmarks on this, but my computer crashed and can't seem to find them again with google.

Any good ideas?
What is your budget & how many shelves ? $100, $200, etc?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What is your budget & how many shelves ? $100, $200, etc?
Maybe if I could keep it to $300 or $400, of course the less I spend on it the more I can spend on gear :D In all honesty, it wouldn't be the first time I spent all my money on gear and then had to stack it on boards and cinder blocks for a while til I could do better :D

I just want a decent rack that is reasonably priced. I was really looking more for websites to browse than a product recommendation. The rack would be visible for now, but it would be in a separate room so the GAF is a non-issue. Utillitarian is OK with me.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I seem to repost this everytime someone asks, but you've GOT to go to Entertainment Centers, TV Stands, Corner TV Stands, Speaker Stands & Home Theater Seating and check out their stuff.

They have a couple thousand options on their website and it seems to hit any number of tastes and budgets. Kind of hard to find is their 'audio racks' which isn't really in their drop down menus, but can be searched and found directly here:
Audio Racks & Stands | Racks and Stands - Audio Towers, Stereo Cabinets & Shelving

I'm not able to comment on the quality of all that they sell, but most products have more than a couple of reviews associated with them.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
I'd highly recommend looking at Craigslist if that is a possibility for wherever you are located. My experience is that most people who are selling this type of item need it gone sooner rather than later due to its size, which can get you some really good deals. For example I grabbed the this Init stand for $40 in brand new condition.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief

Any good ideas?
Where are you at. I've got a heavy duty Plateau with 3 shelves just sitting in my closet I'd sell to you for 50 bux. You'd have to come get it though it's pretty heavy.

DJ

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I seem to repost this everytime someone asks, but you've GOT to go to Entertainment Centers, TV Stands, Corner TV Stands, Speaker Stands & Home Theater Seating and check out their stuff.

They have a couple thousand options on their website and it seems to hit any number of tastes and budgets. Kind of hard to find is their 'audio racks' which isn't really in their drop down menus, but can be searched and found directly here:
Audio Racks & Stands | Racks and Stands - Audio Towers, Stereo Cabinets & Shelving

I'm not able to comment on the quality of all that they sell, but most products have more than a couple of reviews associated with them.
Aha! That is one of the sites I had bookmarked before my computer crashed. Thanks

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Where are you at. I've got a heavy duty Plateau with 3 shelves just sitting in my closet I'd sell to you for 50 bux. You'd have to come get it though it's pretty heavy.

DJ

I'm in Austin, so it wouldn't be out of the question. I would prefer something online so it is delivered to my door, but I will keep this in mind.

On a side note, you ever try the Southern Star Brewery there in Conroe? Good stuff.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I'm in Austin, so it wouldn't be out of the question. I would prefer something online so it is delivered to my door, but I will keep this in mind.

On a side note, you ever try the Southern Star Brewery there in Conroe? Good stuff.
Actually, I just noticed them when I did a local search last week. We've been here for 3 years and didn't even know it was there.

DJ

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Ya, this thread is 3 years old - I'm sure he's figured out a solution for his dilemna by now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis